TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

13HD integrated brake control ? elec/hyd trailer brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13HD integrated brake control ? elec/hyd trailer brakes

hope someone has ran across this problem before. I searched back to early 08 towing posts and found no answers.. here goes my issue.. 2013 hd 6.0 factory brake controller. trying to hook to a pj 35' goose neck with elec/hyd brake system. I belive the brake master cylinder assembly is a dexter unit that matches the 12k disk brake axles. the pickup will not recognize the trailer is connected therefore no trailer brakes.. have taken this thing to dealer to have checked out.. they have hooked it to some trailer simulator to mimic a trailer to test it.. it works every time for them.. wont for me.. took back to dealer. they called today and asked if it was a elec/hyd brake system... they then proceeded to tell me they talked to gm and they were told that the factory system is not compatible with or does not support that type of trailer braking system. they also recommended installing a aftermarket controller to make the system work.. per gm tech support..

can anybody back up this claim to see if its true or just a bs line from the dealer!

is there a way to or has someone tried to dumy the connector with a resistor to make it think a trailer is connected? like say enuf resistance to mimic a pair of brake magnets.

the trailer is wired so that there has to be a ground, power, and a brake controller signal to the trailer master cylinder assembly. have checked and double checked trailer and plug on either end to be sure everyone is in the right places..