Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Meet/Cruise in Houston Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Meet/Cruise in Houston Area

I want to put together a cruise/meet in the Southwest Houston area. I live in Sugar Land and would like to put something together fairly close, trucks/SUVs only. Maybe meet somewhere on Friday nights and then "run" over to Baytown during the season, just meet and BS on the off season, just brainstorming. Anybody interested, any ideas, anything already like this going on I don't know about?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

theres already a meet going on (not saying you have to cancel yours)...its at the top its a sticky in this section (texas)..skeet is putting it together in H-TOWN supposed to be a huge turnout hopefully.......check it out!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

do a search in this section, pullin production(sp) has one all the time
Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nicksilverado
theres already a meet going on (not saying you have to cancel yours)...its at the top its a sticky in this section (texas)..skeet is putting it together in H-TOWN supposed to be a huge turnout hopefully.......check it out!
Yeah I saw that, but I work 6 days a week and the nights and Sunday are all I have to "F" around so a Saturday event is out. Plus I was hoping for something a little more low key and personal, I mean, the more the merrier, but I don't want an "Autorama" type event. Know what I mean?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by v8
do a search in this section, pullin production(sp) has one all the time
Checked it out, but I want something a little closer to home, more frequent, and less restrictive. My beast is in the 13s, but not under it........ YET. I don't want to limit it to just those level of vehicles, I want the regular joe, who can't afford to dump $5000+ into their motor/vehicle, to feel comfortable coming around. I know how it was when I had a little SWB V6 and just wanted to hang with the big boys and learn something, but never felt welcome.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Joe...

In Alvin here... and hanging with the guys like V8, Skeet, Flaco, Ap2002, TooTall, and my Fiance Eric have made a great impression on my learning. And you certainly couldn't be in better company. I'm in the 13's too, but sure would like to hit close to 12's.

And to most, it's not about the money, it's about the effort, the sport, and the friends that you gain... well, that's what I get out of it.

Lisa
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Joe...

In Alvin here... and hanging with the guys like V8, Skeet, Flaco, Ap2002, TooTall, and my Fiance Eric have made a great impression on my learning. And you certainly couldn't be in better company. I'm in the 13's too, but sure would like to hit close to 12's.

And to most, it's not about the money, it's about the effort, the sport, and the friends that you gain... well, that's what I get out of it.

Lisa
Actually, names Brian, nice to meet you Lisa. I've seen you run at Baytown, I recognize the truck. Are those all guys associated with pullin productions?
I hear you about the effort, I do as much of the work on my truck as I can. Put the NOS system on myself, long tubes and catback on myself, put a Trailblazer SS intake with a corvette LS2 TB on myself (that was a B*TCH), excuse my language, and about to do a heads and cam swap myself. The only work I have had done is the tranny beef up, rear end beef up, custom tuning, and machine work.
Well, I just got your reply to my other post and the "bonehead" coment, so I'll stop right here.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Brian.. I apologized on the post for calling you a bonehead. It was the mixed message that I was reading into. Sorry again.

The gentlemen that I referred to are all friends that I've meet through this site, and I do feel quite fortunate. I too would like to make another trip to Baytown, and thanks for noticing. My truck isn't like all the rest. Guess I wanted it that way for a reason.

What about the trip to SAR on the 20th of Feb. The Ls1 Shoot Out. I know that there will be more than a few going out there. Me, I think I may make it a day trip.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Brian.. I apologized on the post for calling you a bonehead. It was the mixed message that I was reading into. Sorry again.

The gentlemen that I referred to are all friends that I've meet through this site, and I do feel quite fortunate. I too would like to make another trip to Baytown, and thanks for noticing. My truck isn't like all the rest. Guess I wanted it that way for a reason.

What about the trip to SAR on the 20th of Feb. The Ls1 Shoot Out. I know that there will be more than a few going out there. Me, I think I may make it a day trip.
Don't worry about it. We're playing "musical" posts and it'll all catch up here in a minute.

I've always been somewhat of a gear head, but just recently have gotten serious about it, like I said, sense I have the means to now.

Yeah, I'm going for the different look too, 4 wheel drive sprayin' a 150 shot, get's peoples attention.

Saturday's are tough for me, I work 6 days a week most of the year. The summer time is the only time I could swing Saturdays off, we'll see.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Don't know what time you work till on Saturdays, but most of the time there's some meet-n-greet in Kemah. I know it's a little ride, but in the summer it makes for a nice nice... dinner/drinks...

Quick Reply: Meet/Cruise in Houston Area