STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

What's the best remote alarm for the price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best remote alarm for the price?

I would like to upgrade my current Automate Alarm to one with a few more bells and whistles. One upgrade I'd like to have is the auto-start....

I know that whomever wants whatever I have in or on my truck, they'd take it. This is just for my piece of mind, and I know I'm not the only one that has the same piece of mind installed on their truck too.....

Lisa
Old 12-29-2007, 11:04 AM
apple bottom jeans

You live in Texas. Keep the remote start for us Canucks who get cold!

DEI...Clifford, Viper, those companies are good. I have the 5000 two way from viper. I didn't get remote start(heated garage) but it is an option. You can get all sorts of sensors added as well, proximity sensors, shock(which is stock) broken glass, tonneau cover sensor, (this saved my *** several times). I don't know how well it will work with soft tonneaus tho unless my eyes deceive me.

The whole thing will probably run you around 750 with installation, unless you know somebody that'll do it for cheap.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Go with the Viper 771. It has remote start and a paging system up to a mile away. I have had mine and I love it.
http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=105
Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I have an Autopage remote start/keyless entry and it works great. DEI is good stuff too I just like the keyfobs for the Autopage's better than anything DEI offered and I got it cheaper than anything I could find from DEI.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am as well about to upgrade mine to an autopage. Cheaper than viper but just as good. I'm gonna get the pager system too. I had a K9 mundial but that **** is so old and out of date my truck got broken into and they took everything, and the damn alarm didnt even go off.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by larsy87
You live in Texas. Keep the remote start for us Canucks who get cold!

DEI...Clifford, Viper, those companies are good. I have the 5000 two way from viper. I didn't get remote start(heated garage) but it is an option. You can get all sorts of sensors added as well, proximity sensors, shock(which is stock) broken glass, tonneau cover sensor, (this saved my *** several times). I don't know how well it will work with soft tonneaus tho unless my eyes deceive me.

The whole thing will probably run you around 750 with installation, unless you know somebody that'll do it for cheap.
Your eye's aren't deceiving you, it is a soft tonneau. I never lock anythink of value in there to worry about someone stealing it. I do though have a tailgate lock. There's $900 that I don't think I'd part with.

The AutoMate that I have is a DEI product. I don't think DEI could come out with a crappy product if they tried. And you know what, why don't we have them as a sponsor on PT.net? Wonder who'd I talk to about that. Board discount?

Oh, and if I want remote I'm going to buy it too....what your so special b/c you're in Canada. All yall have to worry about is sending the Crown Royal down.....

Thanks for the input....Lisa
Old 12-30-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by riddick1224
Go with the Viper 771. It has remote start and a paging system up to a mile away. I have had mine and I love it.
http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=105
Rid...

Eric had the Viper something on the 4 Runner that he owned. It had the same features you were mentioning plus remote window openers. That's when he got the Go-Go Gadget nick name (for a short time).

Like I meantion to our resident thread Canuck, DEI makes a good product and I think I'm going to lean that way. I've owned Cliffords before and I haven't see as of late one of their products come with as many bells and whistles.

ps.... Hope you had a good birthday. Eric install hi-beam HID's for me. And yes I have pissed more than a couple off.

Lisa
Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything by DEI is good I installed a Clifford Matrix remote start/alarm on my wife's Toyota Matrix (just a coincidence that they're both "Matrix") this past spring and we've been very happy with it. Only thing I didn't like is that it only came with one remote and replacement remotes are around $70, even on ebay. I found out the hard way when my wife let my daughter drop her keys in the toilet
Old 12-31-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Anything by DEI is good I installed a Clifford Matrix remote start/alarm on my wife's Toyota Matrix (just a coincidence that they're both "Matrix") this past spring and we've been very happy with it. Only thing I didn't like is that it only came with one remote and replacement remotes are around $70, even on ebay. I found out the hard way when my wife let my daughter drop her keys in the toilet
But Daddy it was sooo pretty going down the hole......
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Rid...

Eric had the Viper something on the 4 Runner that he owned. It had the same features you were mentioning plus remote window openers. That's when he got the Go-Go Gadget nick name (for a short time).

Like I meantion to our resident thread Canuck, DEI makes a good product and I think I'm going to lean that way. I've owned Cliffords before and I haven't see as of late one of their products come with as many bells and whistles.

ps.... Hope you had a good birthday. Eric install hi-beam HID's for me. And yes I have pissed more than a couple off.

Lisa
That is cool. I was just telling you what I thought might work for you. And yes you can get the remote windows for it too. I haven't heard of DEI so I have no clue how good they are. I work at Best Buy so I read about the new products we get in. And I just happen to like the Viper Alarms better than any of the others. Anyways good luck on picking a alarm.

Quick Reply: What's the best remote alarm for the price?