STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Recommendations on Stereo Upgrade 01' Sierra RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on Stereo Upgrade 01' Sierra RCSB

It's all stock, speakers sound horrible (possibly blown) Something rattles lol

Doesn't have to be a "Thumping" system. Just want something that sounds good and clear.

Want Head unit to have Blue tooth and what are some good speakers ?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2015, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Any of the BT equipped pioneer Avic series is good.
I currently use a older model Avic 120BT and Love it.
I'm also running some old school Boston components up front and coaxials in back with a sub thump dbl 8" box under back seat, stuffed with two Sundown SD2 8", powederd buy a simple rockford BD500 amp.

Its a very healthy sounding and simple system.

Take this tip. Get the dbl 10" box and the sundown SA10's. You WILL want more than the 8's.
Run duel BD500 rockford amps. as its a far cheaper solution than the BD1000.

Every time you turn that system on you will smile.
Best of all, its completely hidden.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ezdaar
Any of the BT equipped pioneer Avic series is good.
I currently use a older model Avic 120BT and Love it.
I'm also running some old school Boston components up front and coaxials in back with a sub thump dbl 8" box under back seat, stuffed with two Sundown SD2 8", powederd buy a simple rockford BD500 amp.

Its a very healthy sounding and simple system.

Take this tip. Get the dbl 10" box and the sundown SA10's. You WILL want more than the 8's.
Run duel BD500 rockford amps. as its a far cheaper solution than the BD1000.

Every time you turn that system on you will smile.
Best of all, its completely hidden.
Would I be able to fit the box you're talking about in a Regular Cab truck?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:05 AM

Walmart has a decent pioneer double din head unit, touch screen with blue tooth and a dvd player. Came out to be under 300 bucks. As for subs, most of you low to mid range 10" subs will fit behind the seat in a single cab box with 0 issues. JL10W0's hit pretty hard and clean in a sealed box, they're way underrated on power. I've seen people run 1000/1 amps on them. Speakers....meh, anything will be a good improvement over factory, and you really don't need to amp them, I think a lot of folks dig the Polk audio 6.5's, I haven't tried them. When I bought my 04, none of the speakers worked so I went cheap with the Sony explodes(just spent 2500 on the truck, didn't have the funds for something nicer). Alpine type S's are a pretty good for the money too. Idk if I'd worry about replacing the 6×8's behind the seat, most people don't, when I redo my setup, I'll probably get some (I forget what size exactly) somewhere like 5-5 1/2 jl coaxial for the back and some 6.5 components for the front.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Don't buy more sub than your box can support. If you don't care about subs, like I didn't until I got one, then just go with the Pioneer TS-D series or Rockford Fosgate Punch series components. They are a high quality speaker and will fit in your truck. Relatively cheap too. Put some Fatmat behind and around the speaker while your in there if you can.

If you want cheaper speakers, then Polks work fine, stay away from Alpine speakers (not subs, amps, or head-units) and cheap "factory replacement" Kickers though.

I'm not sure how many speakers the regular cabs have, but if only 2, pick up a kenwood mini amp and bridge it to a 2 channel. It will fit in your dash and give you enough power to get the most out of your speakers.

Installing a Double Din in a <2003 truck is a bit of a hassle and can wind up looking like crap if your not careful. Just go with a cheap newer bluetooth alpine single din or line out and aux hookup from your existing head-unit. Bluetooth isn't that great to be honest. Fiddly to set up and loses connection when phone is more than 3 feet away. I've yet to find an aftermarket head unit that the call feature doesn't sound like crap on the other end.

Do that and you'll come out under $200 and have a clean, loud system with more than enough bass for most kinds of music.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:11 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alpine or pioneer units
Old 06-26-2016, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alpine head unit all day.