STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Factory harness and connector terminals

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory harness and connector terminals

I am restoring/rebuilding my 2000 Silverado 2500. Some of the wires are broken at the connectors in the door and in various places. I want to buy a Metri-pack kit that I can use to re-do some of the connectors and such. How can I tell which size terminals they are? There are like 4 different kinds and I can't really tell which one is which. Does anyone know?
Old 06-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I can offer is that, if you go to the AC Delco website, and use the catalog there, you can sometimes find many of the connectors listed there.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently went through s similar problem frying to rewire a e fan harness ( with absolutely no help from anyone on here). What I ended up doing was buying several different connectors from several different sellers and they all had a minimum purchase. The problem was that they only show 1 view and tho the side you see may look right when you get them the side they don't show is different than what you need. That being said here are a couple of the ones I purchased from that may work out for you.
Del city wire
Aptiv connection systems
Good luck
Old 05-23-2018, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

You can download some of the Metripack catalogs and other info at the Aptiv (bought out Delphi) website here https://ecat.aptiv.com/

Search for a 280 series connector and look up the datasheet, there may be a full catalog for Metripack available, and you can compare some of the pictures. If you can wait... I might be able to attach some of the catalogs tomorrow, since I downloaded them for reference.

EDIT:
OK I was going to upload but some of these files are to large so I put them on Google Drive

Metripack Catalogs https://drive.google.com/open?id=16j...dxv8IabnsvsTDq
2001 GMC Sierra wiring diagrams https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Y...dTTIHKfL3SkgLM

There is a large compilation of 01 GMC Sierra wiring diagrams in other folder. I got the wiring diagrams from this resource BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams They used to have it where anyone could just access the files for download, but now it requires you to fill out that form which I haven't tested but I believe they still give you the file access after you do that. It has wiring lookup for a lot of years, makes, models.

Last edited by silentbravo; 05-24-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added links and info