STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Bose premium to luxury amp upgrade 03 crew cab

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A little more adjusting resolved the bass in my door speakers. The Pioneer head unit needed some adjusting on the high pass settings.

So far, I drove the truck about 600 miles or so, on two 5 hour trips. I still need to do some adjusting, there's a balance you need to hit with the various settings in the head unit, loudness, subwoofer boost, bass boost, the equalizer, as well as fade and balance. But as you get the system adjusted, it starts really coming to life.

Most of what I listen to is classic rock, and southern rock, with some blues thrown in as well. So the system works for me, where it might not be good at all for someone else.

Other than the new tweeters in the A pillars, and the tweeters mounted in the rear door panels, you cannot see the system. The 8" subwoofer and the amplifier that drive it are completely hidden in the console. That's what I really wanted, a well concealed system that sounds great and does not take up any storage space, draw a ton of power, or require a lot of wires running about. My truck is a working 3500 crew cab dooley, so I need the storage and full use of the back seat without worry of accidental damage to the speakers. I can throw my luggage back there, and my Rottweiler (he's convinced the truck belongs to him anyway), as well has a small tool kit under the seat, and my tactical rifle case behind it.

I did take a few pictures of speaker mounting in the doors and A pillars, but unfortunately I ran out of time to take enough pictures of the console mounted subwoofer and amplifier. I'll try to get some posted up soon.