STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Amped NNBS Crew Cab Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amped NNBS Crew Cab Audio System

Well, the time has come for me to upgrade my sound system in my truck. I will be running a set of components in the Front and Rear doors, as well as a single 12" subwoofer. I know not many people are fond of Audiobahn products, but i have always had good luck out of them so that is what i will be running. Hopefully everything will be here by the end of the week so i can start the install. The only problem i will have is findin a place to mount the crossovers. Here is a list of what i will be installing.

2 Sets of Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS
12" AW1251J Subwoofer in a SubThump Downfire Box
A5005J 5 Channel Audiobahn Amp
4 Gauge Power and Ground With Stinger RCA's
3 Farad Cap

It is all installed behind a JVC Double Din Head Unit, Will post Pics as i install.

Last edited by 2000silvrx81; 01-09-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Edit Components
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

everything looks good but you dont need the cap
Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only reason I'm going to run a cap is because it will have a train horn setup before too long and will have another 4 gauge wire branched off of the battery.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Amp, Fuse Block, and Wires came in today. Just waiting for sub, box, and components. Installed FatMat Acoustic Enhancer on the Drivers side of the truck where the box will be. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 AM
On The Tree

ok, well...

first off, I would try and find a place to mount the crossovers inside the cab, it sucks having to run speaker wire into every door, but the vibration and moisture present in doors will take a toll on your crossovers rather quickly. In nnbs trucks, I usually mount them all under the passenger seat, and run new speaker wire out to each door if I'm doing 2 sets of components. Otherwise I usually hide them in the kicks if I'm just doing front doors.

Secondly, I don't think the cap is going to serve much purpose being that it is only 3 farad. That isn't nearly enough capacitance to keep your voltage up where it should be. I figure it will be depleted within a minute of two of your stereo playing at high volume and then it will just be one more draw on your alternator. I don't really think you need one, but if you're dead set on running some kind of voltage buffer look into a batcap, or secondary battery all together.

Good luck with the install, I'm definitely awaiting pics.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

What do you think about mounting the Crossovers on the post in between the cab doors? And thanks for the info anything is appreciated!
Originally Posted by jbancs
ok, well...

first off, I would try and find a place to mount the crossovers inside the cab, it sucks having to run speaker wire into every door, but the vibration and moisture present in doors will take a toll on your crossovers rather quickly. In nnbs trucks, I usually mount them all under the passenger seat, and run new speaker wire out to each door if I'm doing 2 sets of components. Otherwise I usually hide them in the kicks if I'm just doing front doors.

Secondly, I don't think the cap is going to serve much purpose being that it is only 3 farad. That isn't nearly enough capacitance to keep your voltage up where it should be. I figure it will be depleted within a minute of two of your stereo playing at high volume and then it will just be one more draw on your alternator. I don't really think you need one, but if you're dead set on running some kind of voltage buffer look into a batcap, or secondary battery all together.

Good luck with the install, I'm definitely awaiting pics.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is where the amp will be mounted. Really didnt want to screw it into the back cab wall.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Def. have to say audiobahn stuff always looks good.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well guys, my audiobahn components were backordered, so i went ahead and ordered 2 sets of sundown components! ready to hear these things!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

updates?

Quick Reply: Amped NNBS Crew Cab Audio System