STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

'00 Silvy Remote Start Alarmm Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 Silvy Remote Start Alarmm Install Help

What's the easiest way to access the ignition wires under the dash? I already found out the chassie module slips out of it's bracket and will hang down out of the dash. (Purple, Blkue and Brown plug harnesses).

Where are the rest of the ignition harness wires? Are they marked? Loomed or do they run to the driver side kick panel?

This job would already be done if I could find these wires.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the wires and ignition harness should be under the steering column where the key is..you have to take the plastic trim piece underneath the steering wheel out and you should be able to access them easily
Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by musclecity85
the wires and ignition harness should be under the steering column where the key is..you have to take the plastic trim piece underneath the steering wheel out and you should be able to access them easily
Happy New Year and thanks for the reply. I don't have the FSM for my truck. is the plastic trim piece held in place with clips of some sort of fasteners?. It's difficult for me to look and see. I've got limited neck mobility. Of course I could use a mirror, but I don't want to risk breaking anything if I can avoid it. I'll take all the help and advice I can get.
Thanks, V1
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm trying to locate them where they come out of the end of the column under the dash. I had the "BCM" module out, (The one with the 3 plugs that control windows, factory options, etc.). Didn't see any sign of them unless I was looking right at them and didn't realize it. Is there any chance they terminate in the driver side kick panel?

Really, if I can find the ignition harness bundle I can have this alarm / remote start operational in probably no more than an hour or so. It was custom engineered/built specifically for my truck. Each of the control module wires splice into my 2000 Z71 electrical harness wires which are extremely well defined in the vehicle specific instructions.

Any further help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, V1