Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Do you guys think its right to pay return shipping

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Do you guys think its right to pay return shipping

On a item a place sells, if it doesn't work, or fit, is listed for your app. Just curious, not throwing any names out there. Just want to see your thoughts on it.

Thank ya

John
Old 11-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell No
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by trever1t; 11-25-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by eddie_da_chevy_guy
Hell No
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agreed. if you purchased something and didnt like it or want it, thats different. but if its defective or doesnt fit thats just wrong, DO NOT PAY TO SHIP IT BACK

Last edited by trever1t; 11-25-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
On a item a place sells, if it doesn't work, or fit, is listed for your app. Just curious, not throwing any names out there. Just want to see your thoughts on it.

Thank ya

John
if it was supposed to work on your application and doesnt actually fit, I would not pay shipping for the return...I hope you get this straightened out and they make it right...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:02 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I guess there's two sides to it. Off hand, I'd say no, if it was advertised as fitting and it doesn't fit or it's defective, it doesn't make sense for you to have to pay to ship something back that wasn't your fault.

On the other hand, if you bought a part locally and it was defective or didn't fit, would you expect the shop/store to reimburse you for gas to get to the shop to return it and back to your house?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
On the other hand, if you bought a part locally and it was defective or didn't fit, would you expect the shop/store to reimburse you for gas to get to the shop to return it and back to your house?
that gives me an idea
Old 11-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Baltimore Whore

Def not a local part..And that is different then shipping it back a thousand miles

John
Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Def not a local part..And that is different then shipping it back a thousand miles

John
I agree, I was just giving you the other side to think about.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Y-pipe doesn't say specifically that it fits the OLD headers on the website, then it's a gray area. The website doesn't list the old headers, only new. So the listed parts work together. There's no re-stocking fee on this (although the return policy listed on our website would allow one in this case), but to expect us to pay shipping back on that is not that reasonable.

We're glad to help customers in any way we can, but this clearly isn't our fault in particular. I even have the OLD y-pipe in stock that I can sell if needed, but that's as much as I can do.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
If the Y-pipe doesn't say specifically that it fits the OLD headers on the website, then it's a gray area. The website doesn't list the old headers, only new. So the listed parts work together. There's no re-stocking fee on this (although the return policy listed on our website would allow one in this case), but to expect us to pay shipping back on that is not that reasonable.

We're glad to help customers in any way we can, but this clearly isn't our fault in particular. I even have the OLD y-pipe in stock that I can sell if needed, but that's as much as I can do.
I wasn't going to mention any names here, as I have done business with you all before,and has been great. But to list a part, a picture of it, only to receive something different is false advertising period. Here is the part that is listed http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=306&catid=45, [IMG][/IMG]

Here is what I was sent
[IMG][/IMG]
Looks nothing like the part that I saw, thought I was getting

If the correct part was pictured I never would have purchased it.. I am not out to bash anybody here, but don't feel I should be responsible to pay shipping on a part that wasn't what I thought I was getting

John

Quick Reply: Do you guys think its right to pay return shipping