Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

CalSpeed Performance: COME INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
Wasnt aware of this post till accidentally came across it. (Not a frequent reading/visitor on here as we do not sponsor or post much on this site.

This will be the only post we will make as we have no interest in getting into any type of back and forth criticism. We feel we sell a very good product at a very competitive price. If you have any additional questions email me us at calspeedperformance@gmail.com

No one is engaging in any type of "criticism", I assure you. Your company dodges questions more than frequently. Excuse me, while I move on to the rest of the post.

1) Producing parts is about 1% of our business. We are an honest, full fab/installation/chassis dyno shop. We specialize in LSx performance, LSx conversions and custom builds. We are not a retail type shop that survives on product sales and we do not spend much time on message boards etc as we are always very booked and busy in the shop. If someone doesnt email or PM us directly, we often will not see any posts or questions.

If someone doesn't e-mail or PM you all directly, you often don't "see" it? Oh, really? It seems as though you have selective vision then, because I've seen the infamous CalSpeed reply to NUMEROUS posts, in numerous threads--every. single. post. is dealing with a SALE. Ironic, much?

2) Due to the large market of truck customers we have locally. We decided to work on developing a few products that are very popular in our shop and fill a void in the market for certain parts. 1-7/8" was one of our primary targets as well as a full custom bolt on turbo kit

This has nothing at all to do with what anyone or myself has asked. Since you choose to bring it up, though, your "development" was a huge failure, on the grandest scale; refer to "fitment issues" in the threads you didn't "see", if you want any supporting evidence of that.

3) We prototype our products in house in our shop. Any one that has been in our shop would see the numerous custom builds/headers/turbo kits going on in our shop daily.

Who can I talk to, directly, that's been in the CalSpeed shop? I'd like a tour of the shop. LET ME SCHEDULE ONE. Texas Speed gave a tour in the midst of their busiest time, so why can't CalSpeed?

4) MANY MANY companies that sell LSx headers/exhaust (Texas speed (Made by pacesetter) , Pypes (Made by another Los Angeles manufacturer company we deal with) , LG Motorsports headers (made by Dynomax) , BRP Hot Rods (Made by hedman headers)

Do you think they openly provide customers with trade secrets and private business information where they have their parts produced or where they purchase components for their products they sell under their own name? Most of the products you buy on the consumer market are not directly manufactured by the direct brand you are purchasing. Purchase a chevy truck and find out 1/4-1/2 the parts are produced overseas, canada, mexico etc, but it is a USA american brand vehicle.

So, you're referencing companies that will allow individulas on shop tours, yet you can't compare to the mentioned companies, in any aspect? That alone voids your statement. I don't care who manufacturers headers for any other company? Who makes CalSpeed headers? Where is the evidence? Where are CalSpeed headers produced? Where is the evidence? Sharing that information is not a damn "trade secret", because many other companies are making TWICE the product that you guys do, and they're 100% open about their manufacturing process, shop tours, etc. Find a better excuse. You just told on yourself right there. If you can advertise headers "Made in the U.S.A.", then you can share where they are made. Maybe someone should stick you bastards with a false advertisement claim. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Headers aren't vehicles. Headers have a few parts. Find a new excuse.

5) Will you demand for Texas Speed or any other company to provide their trade secrets on where they have products produced and pictures of their facilities? Im sorry but it took us a longtime to find manufacturers, suppliers for products we sell and any company with the right resources and abilities can have a product produced from a prototype. Do you think they will share the hard work that made it happen? No.

Why the constant reference to Texas Speed? They give shop tours. They are very clear about their product(s). They "see" and reply to posts, even when they don't involve a SALE. Once again, if you can "share" that the headers are made in the U.S.A., then prove it.

6) We do not purchase from any type of overseas companies. We deal with a Los Angeles based facility. We ship them a prototype, we have a large run of 50-100 products made, and we receive a finished product that we sell at a fair price.

Give me a number I can call, and the company name. I want to assure that the company is on the business registry for the area.

7) -We have never to this day seen a LPP header in person and cannot attest to its comparison. I do not believe they have a 1-7/8" header nor does anyone else for near the cost of ours. You have people on here that say they took LPP's off and put ours on a 4wd vehicle and ours fit worse. We have NEVER designed or sold a header intended or designed for a 4wd/awd vehicle.

So, let me get this straight... Throughout this ENTIRE post, you've referenced competitors over and over again, yet you know nothing about their product? This is modern-day bullshit, at its finest. So you only make 2WD headers? Answer that.

8) We feel it is completely unfair to criticize fitment on a 4WD when we do not even sell any headers under our name FOR OR DESIGNED for a 4WD application. They fit perfect in a 2WD application:

Reference above post. You guys have told numerous people that your headers would fit a 4WD. Then, after attempting fitment, the "no return after beat the **** up" policy, allowed you guys to have a profit and for the customer to have a piece of scrap. Classy strategy, guys.

9) Here is a 3rd party installation / write up on another site we just saw on our 1-3/4" headers:
Cal Speed LT install

What do you know--a set that fits! They must've found a four-leaf clover earlier that day.

10) We feel our customer support is excellent. All phone calls are usually returned within 1-2 hours and same business day at the latest. We answer emails / pm's within 24 hours. If you post on a message board, please do not expect us to see it or respond if you are looking to criticize our product publicly on a product you do not even own or have not had 1st hand experience on.

I've had first-hand experience with the product I'm criticizing. Please do not choose to bullshit paying members, by replying to only posts you "see". No one is buying that. You want people to PM or e-mail CalSpeed, so you don't lose business over the truth about your products. Guess you can't avoid this one. You "saw" it, and chose to reply.

11) I hope this answers any and all concerns you have. We are continually striving to develop quality products and bring alternatives to the market and to our customers. We know we cannot make everyone happy and there will always be the people with criticisms and if we feel there are any "flaws" in our product then we will make changes to fix them and take care of our customers.

Thank you -

Jim @ Calspeed (Owner)
This is all being done in the open, so a mass of people can get answers, all at once. CalSpeed, OF COURSE wants to be PM'd or e-mailed, so the truth about their products won't discourage possible future buyers--we get that. You've all dodged the bullet for way too long. Give me a specific location of you facility, and a number to schedule a physical walk-through. Better yet, make a proper video. There a million companies that make MUCH BETTER headers than CalSpeed, so NO ONE is going to steal your "trade secrets" over a video--get real, here. I'm going to check with the local business registry/bureau, once you give further information, and in the meantime, feel free to not exacerbate the already existent bullshit that I can smell, floating off of this thread.

Thanks,

A guy that knows better.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ban CalSpeed,They where told to block their signature links when posting in pt and don't follow the rules.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

lol. Cal Speed sure did write a lot for not saying anything...
Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is ****** gay

It's a set of stainless headers for ~$500 right? You either like the idea of someone producing a reasonably priced set of headers or you don't. Either way, what ****** difference does it make???

A 4L80e transmission isn't necessarily a direct bolt in in a 1/2 ton truck...but if someone gives you a smokin deal on one, you'll find a way to make it work. Especially if you're on a budget like many of us are.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Doesn't matter if They sell for $20 ,the headers are advertised has perfect fit and is not a perfect fit.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This has gone far enough. Everyone has plenty of info out there for people to form their own opinion. Since they're a sponsor on tech I suggest you post up a feedback thread over there about your experience with their product. If you start one over there send me a link and I can add it to the thread.