Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

CalSpeed Performance: COME INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Point blank like Ive said before they do NOT produce these headers. Jim does NOT design them. Theyre made by the same people as LPP which are chinese headers. Jim has been banned before under a different name for bad business dealings but it seems that doesnt matter. You'll probably have better luck holding his feet to the fire over on tech where he is actually a sponsor. I know its semantics but its the way tech and PT are segregated.
Agreed 1000%.

I have seen them skate around alot of ?'s in regards to production, only to get ''we design them, build'' If thats the case, the pictures you can find and that I even posted in there threads are identical to the LPP, ect china brand deal, so I don't buy it. Not to mention any comments on these pictures by them. I have yet to see a AMERICAN made 321 polished header for that price. If they are china headers advertise them as such, not as made in USA. Given alot of people do ''Budget" things so the price does appeal more so to them. But quality is much much much more hit or miss.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CalSpeed headers suck if you ask me,here's why https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...er-mod-498746/
Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Baltimore Whore

Unreal, they have not responded?? imagine that.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Unreal, they have not responded?? imagine that.
Should just post a link to this thread in ever thread about them. Just flood it so if someone searches them this is all they find
Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 AM
Baltimore Whore

honestly it's not really worth it, atleast for me. I was going to opt in on the 1 7/8 headers possibly, but since they are posed to be USA made, seem to not be, I will go else where. If they can not post back, then it proves ALOT of our points.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Agreed 1000%.

I have seen them skate around alot of ?'s in regards to production, only to get ''we design them, build'' If thats the case, the pictures you can find and that I even posted in there threads are identical to the LPP, ect china brand deal, so I don't buy it. Not to mention any comments on these pictures by them. I have yet to see a AMERICAN made 321 polished header for that price. If they are china headers advertise them as such, not as made in USA. Given alot of people do ''Budget" things so the price does appeal more so to them. But quality is much much much more hit or miss.
LPP headers are 10000x better than the Cal Speed headers. My friend had LPP headers on his 4x4 with no fitment issues as did I. He then tried to put a set of calspeeds on and they rammed right into the front driveshaft and yoke on the same truck.

I used to think they were identical too from looking at the pictures but after seeing the fitment of the calspeeds they did a shitty job copying the LPP design.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully, I'll get a response, but I'm not banking on it. It's bad enough that they dodge damn near every question that deals with their product, but even worse, I didn't know that their fitment was worse than LPP's.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes especially on a 4x4 the collector has to be crushed nearly in half to clear the drive shaft. In the end we decided it was not worth it to damage a new set of headers that much so he decided to get rid of them and wait for LPP to be back in stock. A little dent or ding would be okay but it needed a significant amount of damage.

I would never put these on a 4x4.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfect example that these aren't made in the U.S. Either someone fcked up the measurments that bad, or the Chinese can't fab up anything. That's sad.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black04
LPP headers are 10000x better than the Cal Speed headers. My friend had LPP headers on his 4x4 with no fitment issues as did I. He then tried to put a set of calspeeds on and they rammed right into the front driveshaft and yoke on the same truck.

I used to think they were identical too from looking at the pictures but after seeing the fitment of the calspeeds they did a shitty job copying the LPP design.
The LPPs cleared on my old Z just fine too but I think its a case by case basis. Ive seen both calspeed and LPP have the same fitment problems in teh same areas.

Quick Reply: CalSpeed Performance: COME INSIDE!