Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Thinking of parting the truck out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want to start fixing up my 22-250 for sure Jonathan, one of the many hobbies I have neglected over the past few years. I REALLY miss hunting and fishing, I grew up doing it and I havent been able to do it because of the truck. The dmax will get afew things done to it but nothing like the Z71. The guy is coming to look and drive my truck thursday night to make sure he is cool with everything before I pull it and send it to cali. Looks like Junish Ill be getting a new truck with a WARRANTY.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I really want to start fixing up my 22-250 for sure Jonathan, one of the many hobbies I have neglected over the past few years. I REALLY miss hunting and fishing, I grew up doing it and I havent been able to do it because of the truck. The dmax will get afew things done to it but nothing like the Z71. The guy is coming to look and drive my truck thursday night to make sure he is cool with everything before I pull it and send it to cali. Looks like Junish Ill be getting a new truck with a WARRANTY.
I hear ya man!!!
Im still waitin on my Springfield Armory XD SubCompact.... but now that i just dropped all this money on a LQ4... ill be waitin a lil longer...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 PM

I have had my sub compact 40 for a few months and still havent fired a round out of it
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have had my sub compact 40 for a few months and still havent fired a round out of it
Ill buy it from ya....it deserves better......... its got enough value for a payment on that new Dmax.....

ive had mine for about 6 months or so... and have 5k rounds + through it
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Ill buy it from ya....it deserves better......... its got enough value for a payment on that new Dmax.....

ive had mine for about 6 months or so... and have 5k rounds + through it
Its going to reside in the console of said dmax
Old 10-16-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its going to reside in the console of said dmax
Dang.... i tried.....
Well atleast go out and shoot a box of ammo through it.. it might get lonely...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Boy, a New D-max? Your really gonna need EFIlive now, lol. I feel your pain, my truck is running great, but I have a huge fear of the tranny going . I really want a D-max, but want to wait till the 4.5 comes out in the 1/2 tons. (which i REALLY hope happens and it's not GM just blowing smoke up are asses). I LOVE my truck and hate the though of getting rid of it, but I really want a D-max too.

I was having lots of fun with my dads D-max, till he took it to OR and left it there. I has a nice DSP5 tune on it now
Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 AM
GFYS and STFU

Wow Cody, looks like you brought out all the disgruntled truck owners! I'm gonna add my name to the list. Been without my truck for pretty much 8 months now except for a month where it was running crappy and loosing oil. I'm so tired of not having it and having to drive other freaking cars I kinda wish I had my truck back in stock form. I still have my 5.3 so if worse comes to worse I'm gonna put that back in there and sell the new drive train that's in there now. It's gotten to the point where I'm not even excited to see if it drives right anymore. Like dewey said, it's time to cut the losses and I'm getting close to that point. And now that I'm buying a house I kinda regret dropping all that dime on the truck.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine almost fixed. I feel like selling it all, and kickin' the truck to the curb, but can't seem to pull the trigger on it.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Wow Cody, looks like you brought out all the disgruntled truck owners! I'm gonna add my name to the list. Been without my truck for pretty much 8 months now except for a month where it was running crappy and loosing oil. I'm so tired of not having it and having to drive other freaking cars I kinda wish I had my truck back in stock form. I still have my 5.3 so if worse comes to worse I'm gonna put that back in there and sell the new drive train that's in there now. It's gotten to the point where I'm not even excited to see if it drives right anymore. Like dewey said, it's time to cut the losses and I'm getting close to that point. And now that I'm buying a house I kinda regret dropping all that dime on the truck.
One of the huge motivating points is I need a nice reliable truck to drive for years because I will be buying a house soon and I dont want to have to keep dumping money and mainly time into it to keep it running. IM sure the house will suck up more then its fair share of my cash flow doing whatever to it. If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt do it, I could have about 20K in my pocket and a nice stock truck. It literally makes me sick to think how much money I have dumped into this truck over the last 3 years. Im calling it a learning experience in money management and life. I know whats important in life and its not the truck.

Quick Reply: Thinking of parting the truck out...