PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Southern (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/southern-118/)
-   -   Thinking of parting the truck out... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/southern-118/thinking-parting-truck-out-403228/)

1slow01Z71 10-16-2007 12:32 PM

Thinking of parting the truck out...

And getting a nnbs 2500hd ccsb 4wd d/a like I have always wanted. Im tired of working on my truck and all the problems and I just dont have time to mess with it anymore with working 65-80 hours every week and trying to get my degree. I think its time for a change in priorities, Im ready to enjoy life and get back to my other hobbies(anything outdoors in general) that I have neglected over the past three years since my truck has taken pretty much all my spare time and money. I figure I can get a decent chunk of change for everything and the truck along with the money I have saved up I could get a brand new duramx for less then 300 a month which would be easy to handle and have a 100K warranty. It would get modded too but not nearly to the extent this truck has. Even though it isnt a DD all the little quirks the truck has are annoying to say the least, it needs some TLC to get in perfect order like I want it and I just dont feel like messing with it anymore. The motor has to come back out since it is drinking oil AGAIN and I think I found a buyer for it after Richard rebuilds it with a 4" stroke. Am I crazy for thinking its time to move on? I dont really think so and those who havent wrenched on their truck alot probably cant see where I am coming from, you just reach a certain point where enough is enough. On to bigger and better things I suppose.:eyes:

CHEVRACER83 10-16-2007 12:34 PM

Dude That Sucks... What Happened That Made You Decide This??

ZZebes 10-16-2007 12:51 PM

Shit Cody, i knew your track time was bad but how bad was it???

Tootall 10-16-2007 12:58 PM

part it out . . . quit throwing money into it. You're not going to get anything near what you've put into it. How bad is it drinking oil?

Get a stock 6.0, with a high lift cam, and just drive it.

1slow01Z71 10-16-2007 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83 (Post 3750451)
Dude That Sucks... What Happened That Made You Decide This??

Been thinking about it for quite a while, the motor has to come out and I dont want to work on it anymore so Im thinking Ill make it the last time I do a motor swap in this truck and get rid of it.

Originally Posted by ZZebes (Post 3750464)
Shit Cody, i knew your track time was bad but how bad was it???

14.8@96 2.35 60ft Even with the stock 80e stall, low compression(9.3:1) and spinning just a hair the trap speed is NOT where it should be. People have tried to convince me otherwise but my old 5.3 on a 100 shot with a tune, exhaust and intake was trapping 78 in the 1/8th, I was trapping 75 and a full 7/10ths slower at the 1/8th mark. I know my trap speed would be better if I got out of the hole better but this motor should be making way more power then the old 5.3 on a 100 shot. I mean come on 100 extra cubes, cam, and badass heads, it should be performing alot better. The tune is perfect, Allen Nelson tuned it in person Im running 32*s of timing and afr is right at 12.8. With everything right and bumping the compression ratio up another point and throwing a decent stall in it, the truck would be good for a low 13 I think in good weather at full weight(5400# raceweight).

Originally Posted by Tootall (Post 3750467)
part it out . . . quit throwing money into it. You're not going to get anything near what you've put into it. How bad is it drinking oil?

Get a stock 6.0, with a high lift cam, and just drive it.

Im tired of throwing money at it and thats what it is going to take is more money to get it where I want and I jsut flat out dont feel like spending the money on it anymore. If I part it out Im selling it I dont want to drive it anymore and be reminded of the "what if" scenario.

At this point it is just a real big possibility nothing set in stone just yet but the truck will be gone one way or the other by this time next year.

bluecajun5.3 10-16-2007 01:15 PM

sell it.
my shit works perfectly fine and some days i think about selling it to get into something different.

Quik 10-16-2007 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71 (Post 3750475)
Been thinking about it for quite a while, the motor has to come out and I dont want to work on it anymore so Im thinking Ill make it the last time I do a motor swap in this truck and get rid of it.

14.8@96 2.35 60ft Even with the stock 80e stall, low compression(9.3:1) and spinning just a hair the trap speed is NOT where it should be. People have tried to convince me otherwise but my old 5.3 on a 100 shot with a tune, exhaust and intake was trapping 78 in the 1/8th, I was trapping 75 and a full 7/10ths slower at the 1/8th mark. I know my trap speed would be better if I got out of the hole better but this motor should be making way more power then the old 5.3 on a 100 shot. I mean come on 100 extra cubes, cam, and badass heads, it should be performing alot better. The tune is perfect, Allen Nelson tuned it in person Im running 32*s of timing and afr is right at 12.8. With everything right and bumping the compression ratio up another point and throwing a decent stall in it, the truck would be good for a low 13 I think in good weather at full weight(5400# raceweight).

Im tired of throwing money at it and thats what it is going to take is more money to get it where I want and I jsut flat out dont feel like spending the money on it anymore. If I part it out Im selling it I dont want to drive it anymore and be reminded of the "what if" scenario.

At this point it is just a real big possibility nothing set in stone just yet but the truck will be gone one way or the other by this time next year.

so you have a stroker with low compression with a baby cam? no stall, power robbing trans, heads that are probably overkill for that baby cam, and probably no gear on large tires.....so you expect it to perform? also 32* is little on the high side for typical catheral port heads. theres some charts going around anything from 27-32 depending on combinations dont make any power with the increase.

get parts in that that perform then reconsider it

1slow01Z71 10-16-2007 01:21 PM

Quik I know the reasons why it doesnt perform, the point of the post is that Im tired of throwing money at it to make it perform. You have to admit it should be faster then it is even with all the things working against it.

SlvrSierra4.8 10-16-2007 02:00 PM

Why the hell is it drinking oil again? That sucks man, best of luck w/ the decision....

BlackGMC 10-16-2007 02:06 PM

IMO if it is not fun anymore, then screw it do something different that is fun!