-Exterior
-Interior
-Engine
-Drivetrain

Would make life a whole lot easier for both buyers and sellers
Old 04-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I like being able to browse everything on one screen, but thats just me.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since I have to read most of the stuff posted in there I like it all being on one screen. If you need to find something just use the search. Deiselplace has them broken up like that and items are always getting posted in the wrong section. It's a big enough job just keeping up with the classifieds much less having to move threads all the time.

I agree that it would be nicer to have them segregated but to be able to efficiently moderate that forum its easier to have it in list form. A lot of people also like to be able to see everything on one page.

Generally if I'm looking for something specific I'll use the search anyway or if I'm just browsing I'll scroll the page which that section being in list form works well for me to waste my money on things I didn't know I wanted
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having been on other car forums with organized For Sale sections, it is a lot better IMO. Especially since this is a broad forum (multiple makes/models/fuels)... makes great sense to me...

And moderators would enjoy the organization too...

just my .02 though...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

I would just be happy with making it required to post pictures of what is for sale (close thread in 24 hrs if no pictures). Have seen this on a few forums and makes the buyer feel better about what they might be spending money on if the person took the time to show off whats for sale. Plus it gets old looking at threads full of text and wondering what it is they are selling or the condition of it. Not everyone wants to have to text someone to get a picture on their phone.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
I would just be happy with making it required to post pictures of what is for sale (close thread in 24 hrs if no pictures). Have seen this on a few forums and makes the buyer feel better about what they might be spending money on if the person took the time to show off whats for sale. Plus it gets old looking at threads full of text and wondering what it is they are selling or the condition of it. Not everyone wants to have to text someone to get a picture on their phone.
Agreed sir! Below is my suggestion....

Any FS/FT thread that is created is required to be reviewed by a Moderator prior to being visible to the users. This is to cut down on the amount of threads we are required to delete for rules violations.

Please do not include your phone number or email in your thread.

Start your post with the appropriate Subject Prefix in the subject field to verify what your sale thread is about…

FS: For Sale
WTB: Wanted to Buy
FT: For Trade Only
NIB: New in Box

Examples of a good sale post's subject:

FS: 17" Wheels, slightly used
WTB: New or used stall converter
FT: 20" Denali wheels

Please be as descriptive as possible in your sale posts. Price MUST be included in all for sale threads. If you're selling your truck you must also include the VIN.

ALL threads in the For Sale section must include at least one accurate picture of good quality of the item(s) for each sale or trade.

The picture must also include a legible sign with the following information:

Your User Name
PerformanceTrucks.net
Today's Date
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by senge z71
Having been on other car forums with organized For Sale sections, it is a lot better IMO. Especially since this is a broad forum (multiple makes/models/fuels)... makes great sense to me...

And moderators would enjoy the organization too...

just my .02 though...
I AM the moderator for the classifieds

The classifieds is already broken up by make. I just don't see it happening. Tech has 50x the classified traffic that we do and the same layout works fine for them. Personally I don't like the template you have to fill out over there because sometimes its glitchy and doesn't like the info you input into it.
Originally Posted by ak2007r6
There just isn't the moderation staff to keep track of that. If someone has an item you're interested in then request pictures or more of them. At some point some of the responsibility has to be put on the buyer. We do well to make sure people post prices in their threads. Adding moderation staff could help for a little while but we always end up back where we are now. Everyone is gung-ho about being a moderator and do their job for a while then taper off and get complacent.

The classifieds have worked fine the way they are for over a decade now. That's not to say you can't improve on things but at this point it would require a lot more effort for relatively little gain.

If you want pics ask for them. If you're looking for something in particular use the search. If a listing is incomplete hit the report post button and I'll take care of it.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
There just isn't the moderation staff to keep track of that. If someone has an item you're interested in then request pictures or more of them. At some point some of the responsibility has to be put on the buyer. We do well to make sure people post prices in their threads. Adding moderation staff could help for a little while but we always end up back where we are now. Everyone is gung-ho about being a moderator and do their job for a while then taper off and get complacent.

The classifieds have worked fine the way they are for over a decade now. That's not to say you can't improve on things but at this point it would require a lot more effort for relatively little gain.

If you want pics ask for them. If you're looking for something in particular use the search. If a listing is incomplete hit the report post button and I'll take care of it.
Sounds good. Wasn't trying to come across as bitching I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine and someone not posting pictures I will live though

Sent ya a PM also..
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

I like it the way it is. Location in thread title would be nice though.

Just don't make them the way they are on ls1tech, its so annoying to navigate.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I AM the moderator for the classifieds
Tech has 50x the classified traffic that we do and the same layout works fine for them.
You get on Tech classifieds much??? There's is completely different then ours!

But I think ours is fine as it.

Quick Reply: Organize the For Sale Section