Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Stripping a Rengency Rst

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I didn't mean it quite that way, I would just never live somewhere that I would need to worry about my truck being jacked any more than the next guy. I mean, there's always that possibility, but if it's enough to modify my truck to be more low-key to deter thieves, I might rethink my location.

However, I completely understand the situation with your job location. I have been there before myself.

You nay want to investigate GMT900 RCSB 5-speeds; you may find somebody willing to swap for your good condition, low-mileage truck so you don't have to tear down such a good-looking machine. Just a thought.

I hope I didn't insult you too much.

I also understand your need to remove the spoiler, I would be in the same boat myself. I don't quite understand the need for a bumper on a truck that low though; what do you need it for?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:28 PM
rj2
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those things are hard to come by. Never even seen one around my house.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

No your fine lol takes a lot to insult me ! I pull a kayak and small boat trailer , plus I do a lot of fishing so there will be kayaks and fishing poles in the back all the time .
Old 06-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

I have good reason to be low key trust me lol . It will be treated good and I can always change it back . Me and my wife (2008 G8 Gt ) treat our cars like kids lol . Its our passion an im sorry I disgust yall with what im doing but I assure you I have good reason !
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tx5spd
I have good reason to be low key trust me lol . It will be treated good and I can always change it back . Me and my wife (2008 G8 Gt ) treat our cars like kids lol . Its our passion an im sorry I disgust yall with what im doing but I assure you I have good reason !

SO MANY HATERS HERE!!!! :
Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

LOL...never thought I would get this kind of reaction . Its nice to know people are this passionate about there trucks !
Old 06-15-2012, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

That's a damn good looking truck. Sucks to be tearing it apart, but ultimately it is still a truck. I would definitely be interested in that rollpan and brakes... but I know I have to wait in line

PS- That interior is gorgeous.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thanx ! So far just the spoiler is off and painted grill black .no ones really jumped on the rollpan and im trying
hard to keep the brakes . Thanx to all for you input everyone!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tx5spd
Thanx ! So far just the spoiler is off and painted grill black .no ones really jumped on the rollpan and im trying
hard to keep the brakes . Thanx to all for you input everyone!!!
FYI, i put a hide-a-hitch on and kept the rollpan. i pull a 23 ft boat and 24 ft closed car trailer with it. its a direct fit just have to remove the exhaust bushing and get a hitch exstender. ill post some pix and i removed the decals which attracts more attention. if u want to sell the back brakes set-up im interested.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

I saw where it listed these trucks came with a hide-away-hitch but i guess the 04 didn't

Quick Reply: Stripping a Rengency Rst