PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Got it, will take care of it here in a few.... Thanks for the input, still trying to figure the tuning out.... Was under the impression just the p0103 needed to be set to put it into SD. Could the vve tables be messing with the trans? I have another set of pushrods on the way, should be able to go pick them up tomorrow, planned on starting over, after i get them swapped out this weekend.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

So i copied the open table to the closed table and set the high fail to 2 hz low to 1 hz and turned all the maf codes to fail on first error....
Old 09-29-2016, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Got it, will take care of it here in a few.... Thanks for the input, still trying to figure the tuning out.... Was under the impression just the p0103 needed to be set to put it into SD. Could the vve tables be messing with the trans? I have another set of pushrods on the way, should be able to go pick them up tomorrow, planned on starting over, after i get them swapped out this weekend.
If the VVE manifold switched open was different from the closed, the computer is going to be confused on how much real airflow it's reading. That can affect the engine load calculations and MAP/BARO pressure readings.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

which in turn would affect the shifts, which as I understand it the 6l80 tcm bases shifts off of rpm, map and maf which correlates to engine load, but if it sees certain dtc's will default to max line pressure, hence the reason a misfiring engine will cause perceived trans issues
Old 09-30-2016, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its anazing the fuel trims are actually responding now and i dont have any huge drop offs popping up or dropping out anymore..
Old 10-03-2016, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Just food for thought....

Had a caprice ppv at work today with a knocking noise.... Pulled codes, checked data, between engine and misfire, confirmed what i was hearing that it was coming from the left bank, so i pull the valve cover.... The #3 exhaust rocker has just about losts its trunnion on the side closest to the front of the engine, something told me to pull the pushrod just to check it, turns out pushrod was bent... Get new rocker and pr and button it up enough to start it... Still has a noise..... Realize the valve is keeping the spring compressed and at this point is sitting about 3/8" or so lower than the rest of the vavles... So i pull decide its time to yank the head and see whats going on with it, and this is what i found....
Old 10-03-2016, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Back to regularly scheduled.....

Now my changes are responding when i adjust my vve table, about to change out my pushrods tonorrow, and probably go ahead and get the wideband installed.... Thinking i may need to bump my idle up 50-75 rpm just to smooth it out a bit, and hopefully get rid of some of the slight surge i have at idle.... Thinking about putting the maf back into play and tuning it with maf from here on out... Will say it is running much better than it was... Still have a few cells that either i am just not hitting enough when i am logging or they just need some more work, and i have a couple points in my graph that evey time i click the calculate coefficients after smoothing they drop back down a little bit...
Old 10-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

How old was the caprice PPV? It's crazy that the seat just droped out like that.

Was it overheated at all?
Does it look like the water pump might have been replaced?
Old 10-04-2016, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

13 with 55,000 miles.... Radiator was low butblock was full water pump looks to be oe...
Old 10-05-2016, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got the truck running fairly decent, but still having a bit of an issue with two things, a stumble on initial acceleration to the point it almost feels like it is going to die when giving it gas, and it is hard to restart after driving for a while and then trying to restart it when its still hot/warm, have to floor the pedal to get it to start, and usually as soon as i open the throttle it will fire over, so im not thinking its needing to a clear flood to start!!! Still have a delayed 1-2 shift but its getting better and of course the os i used doesnt allow for the fast adapts learn....

Quick Reply: 2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread