Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to lower my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to lower my truck

I'm wanting to lower my 00 chevy silverado with 4"/6". I don't really know a whole lot about this stuff and was kind of reading the forums and people here have DJM's? I'm guessing this kit right here: http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.a.../categoryid/30

Not a bad price if I do say so myself but I have some questions and concerns.

1) What all needs to be replaced or upgraded to accommodate this change?
2) What size tires fit well with a 4"/6" ?

Thx guys

-chev
Old 06-09-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I only have a 2/4 and i can tell you this....if you do a 4/6 your gonna want to do a c-notch to the bed.Otherwise i hope you live and drive on perfectly soomth roads.If not your gonna bottom out on the axle non stop with a 6 in rear drop.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:37 AM
TECH Junkie

I would also recommened you get some Doetsch tech shocks.They work the best on lowered trucks.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Teching In

wow thx for the fast reply. lol

sorry for such a n00b question but what's a c-notch, I honestly know nothing about this stuff other then what I read on here.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

if you buy a full kit, it should include a c-notch. most likely a bolt-in, although, you do have to do some cutting and drilling.

for a NBS chevy/gmc i would recommend a McGauhey's kit, they are the best fitting, best riding set-up, with Nitro Drop shocks, this is just with experience, i've never had the Doestcsh Techs.

new stuff to get would have to be ball joints for the front, you have to move the balljoints from the top of the lower a-arm to the bottom of the a-arm,(with the McGauhey's spindles) they're a bitch to get of without the right tools, and new balljoints come with new hardware anyways.

and if you need help you can always just post up.

Marc
Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Teching In

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/mcg9946dt99s-sn.html

is what I found still not to bad of a price I suppose. Can you give me a link to these balljoints you are talking about plz?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pewter2door
if you buy a full kit, it should include a c-notch. most likely a bolt-in, although, you do have to do some cutting and drilling.

for a NBS chevy/gmc i would recommend a McGauhey's kit, they are the best fitting, best riding set-up, with Nitro Drop shocks, this is just with experience, i've never had the Doestcsh Techs.

new stuff to get would have to be ball joints for the front, you have to move the balljoints from the top of the lower a-arm to the bottom of the a-arm,(with the McGauhey's spindles) they're a bitch to get of without the right tools, and new balljoints come with new hardware anyways.

and if you need help you can always just post up.

Marc
Nitro Drop shocks suck.
I'm running the DJM 4/6 with Doestch Tech shocks and I love it...
It comes with a c-notch and you don't c-notch the bed, but you c-notch the frame.
A c-notch is a bolt in notch, which you cut the space out in the frame and bolt the notch in.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also running the DJM 4/6 and have no complaints out of it. As said above though, there are a lot of people that are running the Mcgaughys kits now and they like them too. Those are the only two companies I would consider. With the djm kit the only other thing you need is rear shocks. You can actually use your stock front shocks with the kit, or course upgrading the front and rear isn't a bad idea.

As far as tires, what size wheels do you have? If you are still rolling stockers you will be fine.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest going with the Mcgaughy kit. I'm currently running the DJM kit and have REALLY bad amounts of bumpsteer with my low pro tires and 20's...with the McGaughy's kit there is next to NO bumpsteer whatsoever and you are more likely to get a perfect alignment with their kit. I can't get a proper alignment with my DJM kit and I even purchased the optional uca's.

Pat
Old 06-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02BlueStepside
I am also running the DJM 4/6 and have no complaints out of it. As said above though, there are a lot of people that are running the Mcgaughys kits now and they like them too. Those are the only two companies I would consider. With the djm kit the only other thing you need is rear shocks. You can actually use your stock front shocks with the kit, or course upgrading the front and rear isn't a bad idea.

As far as tires, what size wheels do you have? If you are still rolling stockers you will be fine.

With stock shocks up front I rubbed a lot, with the doestchs I have yet to rub.

Quick Reply: Wanting to lower my truck