SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No one can answer this!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No one can answer this!?!?!?!?!

I have a RCSB 06' Chevy and i have a 3/5 Drop with 22" Wheels w/35 series tires. As is my front wheels already hit my Inner fenderwells when I hit a large bump or dip. I am going with a 4/6 Drop this week but no one can tell me how to get the wheels to clear in the front. I know the fender will have to be removed or rasied or something? I need some ideas. Can I take them out all together?
I know others have the same Wheel/Tire/Drop set-up and I want to know what they did?

Last edited by 97Redbirde; 07-31-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

i'm about to do the same drop your about to do, with the same size wheels/tires..here's my question to you

What is the offset on your wheels? This could very well be an issue with your intended drop.

The wheels i'm installing 22x9 with +35mm offset, bs around 6.4".

Could possibly be your offset isnt right to clear the fenders possibly?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first of all, what in the heck are you asking? How are you supposed to "raise" wheels?

If your tires already rub with a 3/5, guess what....they're gonna rub even more with a 4/6. It's common sense.

There's plenty of ways not to get them to rub.
1.) Run a smaller tire. You told us you're running a 35 series tire, but honestly that doesn't tell us anything. You could be running a 255/35/22,265/35/22,285/35/22 or even a 305/35/22. Those all range from a 28.5" tire to about a 31.5" tire.

2.) Remove your plastic inner fenders. Honestly this is going to look like **** unless your truck is bagged.

3.) Get new rims. If you aren't running optimum backspacing which is roughly 6" on an 8.5" wheel or 7" on a 9.5" wheel then you need to refer to solution number 1 and run a smaller tire.

Basically, you're gonna have to give us more information man. I'm no expert, but nobdy is going to be able to tell you exactly how to solve your problem when all you basically tell us is: I'm doing a 4/6 drop on 22's....will my tires rub if they rub now?

Tell us, what size rims,backspacing,tire size, if your fenders are rolled yet,etc.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Well first of all, what in the heck are you asking? How are you supposed to "raise" wheels?

If your tires already rub with a 3/5, guess what....they're gonna rub even more with a 4/6. It's common sense.

There's plenty of ways not to get them to rub.
1.) Run a smaller tire. You told us you're running a 35 series tire, but honestly that doesn't tell us anything. You could be running a 255/35/22,265/35/22,285/35/22 or even a 305/35/22. Those all range from a 28.5" tire to about a 31.5" tire.

2.) Remove your plastic inner fenders. Honestly this is going to look like **** unless your truck is bagged.

3.) Get new rims. If you aren't running optimum backspacing which is roughly 6" on an 8.5" wheel or 7" on a 9.5" wheel then you need to refer to solution number 1 and run a smaller tire.

Basically, you're gonna have to give us more information man. I'm no expert, but nobdy is going to be able to tell you exactly how to solve your problem when all you basically tell us is: I'm doing a 4/6 drop on 22's....will my tires rub if they rub now?

Tell us, what size rims,backspacing,tire size, if your fenders are rolled yet,etc.

I know they will rub...that is not my question. What I am asking is what is the right way to remove the inner fenders to clear my wheels?

Regardless if I drop to a 30 series tire I will still hit. I am asking how to correctly remove the fenderwells. And I meant raise the fenderwells. My friends has a 1996 RCSB Chevy and his fenders were cut out and moved upwards so he would still have them and not throw stuff all over the motor.

I bought the wheels with the correct Backspacing, offset, and width.

So no matter what tire I run I know I will have to take the fenders out.....I just need to know hwo its done or who has some ideas on how to do it....
Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
I Like Gold!!!

you shouldnt have any problems in the front at all. my owns a drop shop "Drops R Us" and he drops all kinds of silvys on 22's. Our crew has about 5 trucks with 5/8 drops and have no problem in the front. There running 265/35/22. The rims are 22x10 billets. ill try to get some pics up later.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BBLS1
you shouldnt have any problems in the front at all. my owns a drop shop "Drops R Us" and he drops all kinds of silvys on 22's. Our crew has about 5 trucks with 5/8 drops and have no problem in the front. There running 265/35/22. The rims are 22x10 billets. ill try to get some pics up later.

Send you a PM
Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

If I am not mistaken, when most cut the fenders out they install trailer fenders and mold them in. Some do just pull the inner fender out and trim the neccessary stuff to clear the wheels/tires and leave it, but it would throw all kinds of crap off the road in the engine bay as well as water off the tires. Don't forget all the stuff on the fenders will need to be relocated.

Also, if the wheels were ordered with the correct backspacing/offset, then they wouldn't rub. So either someone messed up and gave you the wrong wheels, or its not the correct backspacing/offset.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

What size tire exactly are you running... Like said before, a 305-35-22 is a HUGE *** tire compared to a 265-35-22...
Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

You should be fine with a 265/35 22 tire and a 4/6. If that's what you have now then the wheels don't have the proper offset. You can just pull the push pins and take out the inner fenders but its going to be a PITA cleaning all the **** your tires will sling under the hood if you dont put in some sort of protection like 02Bluestepside mentioned.

Out of cusiousity, what components did you use for the 3/5 and how does it ride?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
You should be fine with a 265/35 22 tire and a 4/6. If that's what you have now then the wheels don't have the proper offset. You can just pull the push pins and take out the inner fenders but its going to be a PITA cleaning all the **** your tires will sling under the hood if you dont put in some sort of protection like 02Bluestepside mentioned.

Out of cusiousity, what components did you use for the 3/5 and how does it ride?

Thats not the problem. I have plenty of room for turning....my tire dont rub. My wheels tuck and the problem is i hit the top of the tire in the fender....trust me...no matter what the tire size or offset of I drop it my fenderwell will be sitting on the top of my tire. THat is why I am wondering how to remove them.

Quick Reply: No one can answer this!?!?!?!?!