Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodmark Hood Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodmark Hood Issue

I have a 03 Silverado SS which I have the Goodmark Cowl hood installed. This winter I had something occur that I never thought would have happened and I was wondering if it has happened to any other Goormark hood owners.

I had my hood open and went to start the engine forgetting that the wipers were turned on and the wiper arms scraped the paint of the back edge of the hood. On the drivers side the arm actually jumped on top pf the hood and did damage.

I contacted Goodmark and the swear that they have no knowledge of this happening before. And that they never thought that anyone would open their hoods while have the wipers on ( BS in my opinion).

If this has happened to anyone else could you please pm me with a message stating so. I would like to pass this info on to Goodmark. My whole reason for contacting them was to see if they had any kind of warning or disclaimer about this happening.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Launching!

I have heard of this happening with some of my customers with either Goodmark, Reflexxions, or Keystone cowl hood. But I am sorry to say that you are just **** out of luck cuz manufacturers wont cover things like what happened to you.

I hate to call it this but its negligence. Just should have been aware of what was going on. Sorry man.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by joesilver01
I have heard of this happening with some of my customers with either Goodmark, Reflexxions, or Keystone cowl hood. But I am sorry to say that you are just **** out of luck cuz manufacturers wont cover things like what happened to you.

I hate to call it this but its negligence. Just should have been aware of what was going on. Sorry man.
Not flaming just trying to understand your logic. How is this negligenance?

I'm not looking for Goodmark to pay for anything. I just think there should be some kind of warning supplied by Goodmark that this can occur. Do you warn your customers when you sell these hoods?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

man that sucks, I probly wouldnt have given it a thought either. Once your used to the part being there you just kinda forget. That and the fact that there probly would've been no problem with the factory hood clearing is what led to this I would say. Its a shame, beautiful truck you got there. Although black is better....
Old 03-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Launching!

I have told people of this but its not something manufacturers take the time for cuz they dont think anyone would have the windsheild wipers on while the hood is up????
Old 03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I'm with Joe on this one. I know it sucks but you'll just have to deal with it and get it repainted

I'm sure mine would have problems as well even though I have yet to try it. I know for a fact though that I cannot fully entend my drivers side wiper when washing the truck anymore because of the cowl and I did scratch the back of the hood a bit the first time I tried it
Old 03-17-2005, 09:12 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

yep. it happened to me but the damage wasnt as bad. i was washing th truck and had my wipers turned up. you cant pull the wipers up on my truck unless you turn on the wipers and then turn off the truck to stop them at the peak of their wiping.

anyways, when i started up the truck my hood closed my wipers for me
Old 03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Sorry to see that happen to your hood.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed that the wipers arms, when extended outward (cleaning them or whatever), only one of them will actually extend, the other blade hits the cowl.

It sucks that it happend to you, but its just one of those things that does happen. I think this will also happen to a few stock vehicles if you open the hood and have the wipers on as well.

**** happens, one of my mistakes was opening my nitrous bottle with the end of the line not connected to the solenoid, the line flew out of my hood (hood was open), and it smacked my fender a few times... i was pissed.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

There have been 6 people so far that have sent me PM's from 3 dirrerent sites that this has happend to. I think it's happening more than some people may think.