SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did some cleanup on the truck....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did some cleanup on the truck....

Well, waiting on my 20's to get here, I decided this was the time to get my frame painted, the rear inner fenders painted, and fix some overspray spots. Used truck bed coating, and let me tell you, this stuff is tough! An hour after I sprayed it, you couldn't scratch it with your fingernail!

Remember the overspray on the plastic peice in between the lights and the bumper.

Fixed...

There was lots of overspray on the bottom of the frame. You can barely see the brake line bracket on the bottom where the door ends...

No more...

And painted frame and rear inner fender wells...

Next step will be base/clearing the front inner fender wells as when they were painted, I didn't prep them what so ever, and it is now flaking off. Just an area I overlooked when I was prepping the truck. Oh well, it will be fixed.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Looks really nice.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very cleannn. you should paint the rotors black with high temp to finish it off. get rid of the surface rust look
Old 02-21-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good man, love ur truck. the titan 18's look awemose on there, i honestly dont think u even need 20's looks great as it sits now...

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
very cleannn. you should paint the rotors black with high temp to finish it off. get rid of the surface rust look
wat would be the point of that??? the pain isn't gonna stay on the rotors, the surface rust comes from probably not driving it much or it sits in a very damp/moist area. even with high temp paint the brake pads will burn it off. am i missing something here or does that just read wrong???
Old 02-21-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
looks good man, love ur truck. the titan 18's look awemose on there, i honestly dont think u even need 20's looks great as it sits now...

wat would be the point of that??? the pain isn't gonna stay on the rotors, the surface rust comes from no riving it much. even with high temp paint the brakes will burn it off. am i missing something here or does that just read wrong???
calm down killllerr damn. i read a guy on here paints his rotors with high temp black paint. after crusing a couple miles the pads scrape the paint of where it contacts the rotor. then the rest of the rotor is left nice and black. im gonna do when im installing my upper bushings next week i think its a nice touch to detail.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Rotors are soon to be replaced with new drilled/slotted ones. Was going to go ahead and paint my calipers Hugger Orange this weekend, but I'll just do it when I get the new rotors.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

calm down killllerr damn. i read a guy on here paints his rotors with high temp black paint. after crusing a couple miles the pads scrape the paint of where it contacts the rotor. then the rest of the rotor is left nice and black. im gonna do when im installing my upper bushings next week i think its a nice touch to detail.
I knew what you were saying, does clean the look up a bit. All about the little details.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok i figured that, hence why i said am i missing somthing or does that just read wrong... try to clarify urself next ...

-Rob
Old 02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Looks awesome man.
Truck is awesome. Will look killer with the new slotted/drilled rotors and calipers.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

truck looks really clean and an upgrade in the rotors will defenitely enhance even more

Quick Reply: Did some cleanup on the truck....