Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

denali front bumper cover?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default denali front bumper cover?

Still curious if anyone has updated anything on whether or not a Denali front bumper/bumper cover and grille/headlamp assembly will bolt right up on an 04 GMC sierra? Some folks were saying before that the frame horns were different but I just don't seen GMC going that far out of their way to make different frame horns just to bolt on a different style bumper and grille..... Does anyone know anything or has anyone tried this?
Old 12-01-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Personally I don't think that would look good at all. The regular GMC grille comes down in the middle via a step. The Denali grille/bumper does go down in the middle, but it's one smooth curve. Does that make sense? You're going to have a huge gap in the parking lamp/grille step transition region. JMO.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He wants to do the whole swap grille and bumper he said, but i worried about the frame horns being different, as i have heard before, which is why i am holding off till spring when more have done the swap on the '04's.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

the horns are different on the trucks , the denali is a yukon and they didnt change the yukons so 03-04 denalis are the same as 01-02. to put a denali front on a 03-04 truck you will have to fab some mounts . the grill/headlights/turnsignals will all go on with no problem , its the bumper that will take fabing.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

They also make a Denali truck. Chingon has done the swap. PM him.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
They also make a Denali truck. Chingon has done the swap. PM him.

That was what i was thinking to, i can't imagine them making the denali truck different frame wise from the rest, but am unaware if there are different denali front end part numbers between the truck and yukon versions. I'll have to drop a line to Chingon to inquire about his swap.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:39 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually did the swap before the Sierra Denali C3 trucks were out. Now, they are common and my truck doesn't stick out, if you will, as much.
The only complaint I have about the swap is that the hood doesn't line up. What I mean is that my stock hood comes just a tad too far out onto the Denali grille, at least to me. I think I'm just too particular because it's not like people come up to me and say, "Hey your hood is too long." I'm talking maybe 1/2" if that.
Overall, I love the swap and apparently so do many people because I've been stopped on numerous occasions by people asking about my truck.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd still be interested to find out if there are different part #'s for the newer C3 trucks, or if the swap is easier than everyone is making it out to be on the 03/04's.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:21 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chingon
I actually did the swap before the Sierra Denali C3 trucks were out. Now, they are common and my truck doesn't stick out, if you will, as much.
The only complaint I have about the swap is that the hood doesn't line up. What I mean is that my stock hood comes just a tad too far out onto the Denali grille, at least to me. I think I'm just too particular because it's not like people come up to me and say, "Hey your hood is too long." I'm talking maybe 1/2" if that.
Overall, I love the swap and apparently so do many people because I've been stopped on numerous occasions by people asking about my truck.
It's that bad?! Wow...I thought the Yukon/Denali/Sierra all used the same hood, 99-05.

The only suggestion that I could offer for the original question would be to call the dealer and see if there's a different impact bar for the 99-02 and 03-05 Denali TRUCKS. I know FOR SURE that all 03+ pickups use different frame horns than the earlier trucks, but since there's a Sierra Denali, there must be a way to bolt the Denali front clip on the 03+ frame.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Cool I guess its just going to take someone trying. Mine is a daily driver so its hard for me to forfeit it to the garage for a week of fab work. I generally speaking have to be able to finish any work I do to it on a weekend or a long weekend (cough cough) monday morning? Naw Mean???????

Quick Reply: denali front bumper cover?