Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debadging ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debadging ?

Hey guys, I was looking at taking off my side moldings and the big chevrolet that goes all the way across the tailgate. Could anybody do a photoshop for me so I could see what it would look like? How do you take off the moldings? I was also wondering what the best way to take the chevrolet sticker off. Let me know if it's a good idea or not. Thanks. Tim.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The chevy sticker is easy to get off. Just scrap it with your nail on one corner and pull. They usually leave no residue. The sides will usually leave alot. YOu could use a heat gun or wait until a sunny day to make it easier.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

You dont need a photoshop just do it! heres before and after on mine
Attached Thumbnails Debadging ?-dsc_06191.jpg   Debadging ?-dsc_09351.jpg  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Launching!

I was just unsure if I wanted to do it or not, so I thought a photoshop would sway my decision. But looking at yours, it does look a lot cleaner. I think I'll attempt it this weekend if its nice. Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 05:57 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's another before and after from when I did mine

Old 05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

use a heat gun and fishing string to get under the trim. using the heat gun makes the glue underneath work better and fishing string keeps scratchin to minimum. wax after wards and enjoy. wanna see pics when done too!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Heatgun will work, i used a blow dryer on mine.. and some goo gone or wd40 to help with residue...
Old 05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Heat gun, hair dryer, or sunny day good Ideas. The fishing string is awesome. If the wd40 doesnt take off the residue then go to any auto parts shop and ask for a sticker eraser wheel. It goes on a drill or you can get one for a grinder. They are great for removing any sticker and will not mess up the paint. I just used one on my truck and a new z06.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys, I'll definately post some pics when I get done. Been kind of busy, so i'm not to sure when I'll get to that. Top of the list is my cam. Got to get that in one of these days.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless of what method u use, I always like to wash truck 1st. Especially, w/ fishing line. Last thing u want are extra scratches from pullin line to & fro. If u r still unsure, start w/ that lil piece on cab corner or try the other one on boxside. They're both smaller than the door piece. You'll get a feel for it on starting small. Or yet, do 1 side, walk around & look @ other side. I think you'll like it, & rip it all off. I wanted to do mine as soon as I could.

People have different ways; search if u like. Like said, I did try fishin line on 1 side. It's my understanding from what other PT'ers have said, keep line closer to emblem instead of body surface. Next time, I'm tryin a erase wheel for grins.
Heat gun; or heat & w/ 3M Adh. Remover or similiar remains my fav way to remove, til I get a chance to try erase wheel. U can apply 3M prior so it softens 1st or heat 1st, & see what remains.
I buff after, no matter which way, in case of scratches. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Debadging ?