PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Usabodyguard's Project - Blwnlsx

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint on the truck looks real nice.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I picked up the new Truckin magazine and read the article on your truck! it looks good now i want to see the one about your motor.
Congrats!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

updates?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
Hey I picked up the new Truckin magazine and read the article on your truck! it looks good now i want to see the one about your motor.
Congrats!
I did too. Excellent Job!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Blown 427 LSX

got these today... DOUGs CUTOUTS....

taking the truck down to magnaflow this week to get a full exhaust set up... pics to follow... other updates, but i need to keep them hush hush for now...

D
Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn dave... sorry im so late to this one.... very nice.. i remember talking to you when you were planning this
Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Blown 427 LSX

It about damn time shannon... I wasnt feeling the love bro... hahahaha JFWY... but thanks man.

UPDATES

So a big special thanks to Brian - blownchevy for his help in this build, with this one too... he may be an *** at times, but deep down he's a good dude lol...

So as i said before, i was going to update the exhaust set up for my new engine and SC, I had the opportunity to have MAGANFLOW's R&D department design and build me a one off set up... and here is the story and pics...

I had an appt at 7am at MF, when i got there, they brought my truck straight in to a bay, while moving exotics, offroad trucks, imports out of bays and into storage... some sick cars, and some stock ones too. Their facility is first class... I mean, I was IMPRESSED, and that takes alot. In 1/2 sq mile they must have 3 or 4 locations... HUGE... the biggest one was 300,00 sq ft... the R&D shop I was in was at least 30,000 sq ft... Only special interest and design cars in the shop I was in.

After they lifted my truck, I went to work on some pics... (to follow) but during my time, I met the Head of R&D... wow, talk about one smart dude, damn... airflow, fluid dynamics, to physics... By far one of the most humble people i have met too... I didnt get a chance to eat breakfast, and they had one of the shop guys run me to eat... one of my O2 sensors was stripped, they ran to the dealership for me for a new one...
I went to lunch with some of the shop guys - guys you would want to get beers with... and all of the techs were master welders.

Here are some pictures...

Hmmm where am I?

Bye-bye (magnaflow catback)

Left cat is metalic spun (better for heat, not legal), right cat is ceramic (legal)

Yea, i picked the illegal one!

Welding into place.

Mandrel bend, custom heat shield (gas lines)

Building X Pipe

Leveling system

Cutout installed through a y pipe

During the day i spoke with richard, exhaust 101... and he is also a tuner!? Showed me their dyno room... nice. I asked him if they had any systems for a marauder... he went and looked, none... he asked me, so, when do you want to bring your marauder in??? WTF... in three weeks i take my marauder in for a setup...

The photos above took most of 8 hours to do...
so i knew the truck would not be finished as planned in 1 day... there I was, stuck 2+ hours from home...

Richard said dont worry about it... we will get you a rental car, (at their expense no less!!) i guess that is policy... first class.

I go back tomorrow morning 7am... will post more pics soon!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Location: On a one way dead end street... And I can't get out

WOW that is awsome. I wish I was able to do that. NIce going keep us updated and vids
Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

your truck is just amazing
Old 11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

looks like nice work dave, i would be kind of worried about those cats, i know a few guys as well as myself who completely killed them . all on forced induction ls motors. so i would keep an eye out on them after tuning your truck with the new set up. if you look at my old threads i have one with pics of the same cats that i screwed up and i was told that it was my fault for running excessivly rich so i just gutted them . after that i saw a few more people have the same problem so beleive what you will .

any new pics of the motor?

Quick Reply: Usabodyguard's Project - Blwnlsx