PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

SS build , round 2 brakes/4 link / led's and appearance

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those brakes are extremely awesome on your truck, and I love the full black wheels.
Didn't even think your truck could get better looking, proved me wrong

I love the interior lights too, you did a damn fine job. I wish I had mine in Red, that would do the interior of mine real good.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

whats the part number for the QA1 shocks in the rear id like to do that setup on my truck also. are those the comp enginering shock brackets or the QA1 shock brackets .
Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

rob , its very easy i even have all the stuff , call me and come by some time i can help you get to doing it and then youll learn it quick i promise. having patience is key.

i have some ideas as well . one is i want to change the red part on the a/c slides to red led to make it stand out even more and contrast the blue and red better. i will be doing this soon as well. im still considering doing my autometer gauges in blue on my triple pillad

compe engineering on the brackets and the part is 5855 iirc , however they wont work on any stock rear end without doing what i did . you need to measure at ride height and order accordingly. but they can mount in stock location if you order the correct legnth.

bad news is today i had to pull the turbos and motor , blew a dam head gasket but i have already nailed the reason so im not too worried about it again . i will also get a chance to inspect the bottom end and insure everything is running correct. so far the intake ports on the heads looked absolutely spotless but that is what meth will do for you .

i should have the 4 link brackets soon and the 4 link will insue.

rob give me a call , buy the led's you want and we can knock it out . i have the tools . the parts should cost you about 30 bucks.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn chase!! looks great.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

definately man for sure, thank you sir... i definately will, i'll figure out wat the number is for the color i want and see if i can do wat i want with them then i'll for sure be in touch with u dude...

-Rob
Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

truck **** at its finest
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man Chase, your truck just keeps getting better and better! Speed and style!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chase, I can't tell you how much better I like your truck without that chrome lip on the rims. Good move going in that direction! And with the calipers and small details in GM orange to match the flames your truck looks absolutely amazing!!
Never was a fan of chrome for some reason, even though it does look good in the right application.
That charger looks mean from the back...I would of loved to of seent he guys face when he got his *** handed to him!!
Nice weight reduction...I did that as well, wasn't worth much was it!

Now stop dicking around and get your head gasket fixed and get ready, we got two weeks man. What caused it to blow anyways? Why did you have to pull the whole motor out just to do the head gasket? Get it back together man!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work and badass truck!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
i used djms cheap ball joints to se how they feel after a bit of driving , i figure i have nothing to loose if they get play ill go moog but this truck isnt driven much. after the complete steering makeover the truck felt new again . i just need to re align after i lowered the bars a bit more .

after the 4 link i will build my own tubular arms with coil overs in the front . but for now the djm's are plenty strong imo over built but i do understand why , liability concerns. i know some have not so great opinions on some of their older parts but i will say these are much nicer than some of the previous djm stuff i have installed.

4 link build to be soon , first i have some engine work this week.
Sweet! I like what you're saying about the DJM A-arms being "overbuilt", that's good to hear. Honestly, if the DJM's prove to perform awesomely you might as well leave them on no sense in re inventing the wheel

Quick Reply: SS build , round 2 brakes/4 link / led's and appearance