PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

silver-mod-'s KBracing96 front mount turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good deal ben, let me know when the tuneing going to start and we can work on it!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
No particular reason other than price... KB is setting me up with an intercooled kit for considerably less. I don't believe there's any quality difference either... Plus the MP-T70 is proven with this displacement, and slightly larger...

I'm not in any way saying Trick's kit is not worth the money or its not a great setup... But why spend more when you can get basically the identical kit for less... Plus a bigger intercooler, and custom built piping etc etc... It just makes sense to me.
i agree both kits are very similar and results wil lbe same. theyre both copy cats of others which is fine.
also agree on price thing.

Kyles setup is nice and i think the weld els are better then just tubing for a manifold
Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Ya, All the tubing will be aluminized steel like what is on my truck and Thunder550. This is a "budget" type kit. Don't make me come down there and put a whoopin on you with my "stuff"
Bring it pal! ,LOL!! J/K. I think you have a great kit! Nothing wrong with how you are making it.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

We have not copied any ones kits. I spent several months tweeking angles to get the kit to look and fit the way I think it should. We use stainless steel so no coatings are needed.
We have even took to having the manifold pipe bent out of one pc instead of welding 2 together. We added a flex joint to keep stress low.
We offer upgrades to larger DP, and the kits bolt up with no other mods to the piping. We put the gate down low to keep things clean in the engine compartment.
We tig weld and gas purged, not mig welded.
We use factor type ORING gaskets on the crossover.
WE offer a warranty.
Our intercooler kits come with Aluminum that is beed rolled at our shop. So no rusting nor pipes blowing off. Mounts easily in to the truck with no cutting or notching frame rails. Its plenty large for most appilcaitons, and is always upgradable with out notching from 3.5 to 4.5 or 6.0" thick cores.
So far I have read the kits are the same, the quality is the same and they we will perform the same. Our kits are not the freaking same.
Last I look Kyles pipes where not completed from crossover to downpipe and they needed coatings not to rust.
Trick has been building kits now for almost 3 years to the public. In that time we have had 1 manifold with an issue, only one. So saying that weld Ls are a better choice is just an opinion. If someone wants a set of pipes built from carbon steel, no problem. Also no warranty either..

I am glad to see more and more people getting into the boosted world, and hope your built goes well. I am also glad Colton took you for a ride in his truck to show you waht you where missing, and the fun these trucks are while boosted.

Rick
Old 08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont think a direct comparison is fair to either side. Let alone the cost of the different materials, they are different kits. Ive dealt with both parties with good success but no good can come out of this. Perhaps thats why the price wasnt mentioned........
Old 08-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

you can say you invented the wheel thats fine but look who was the first atleast the first real known person to be a boosted truck...Parish his kit was what alot of others are based off. things might be tweaked but in the end its still the same design. livernois offers a simlar kit as well.

as for stainless and not rusting. a lower grade stainless will rust. as for coatings its all in owners preference if they choose to coat SS or MS.

as for performance the same idea is used so similar results if used in same application. its also normal for a manufactor to be alittle touchy on a subject when their work is compared to someone elses especially when hte product is lesser cost.

in the end it comes down to what the public wants. in this case the OP went with Kyles kit.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think its all in what you want. They both know their ****.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

To say all truck based turbo kits are a copy of "Parish's" kit (which was built by a company in NV, not Jim -- although he did make the logs for his twin kit) is just plain silly -- number one, Jim was not the first boosted truck -- he was just the first to run ridiculously fast on this site in a NBS chevy.

There are only so many ways to get exhaust into the exhaust housing. Every kit is different based on the manufacturer's best ideas (barring those unscrupulous knock off guys on e-bay).

Let's keep this thread about Silver-mod-o's turbo build.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with that post Rick... A lot of the things you mentioned are preference. I already said, yours is a great kit. I don't think anyone is knocking anything you're doing. I'm not, I don't believe Kyle is either.

The basics are, he's a sponsor, you're a sponsor. I chose to go with him... A lot of it has to do with pricing. Not product. I appreciate all of your help in the past and hope that we can do business again in the future.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I was stating my opinion thats all, too many times I here this is the same that is the same, (not just turbo stuff) I just freak some times, long hours.LOL. And yes I know price is a huge factor in many decisions the tax alone would have a huge difference..
I am glad you got into boosted world and hope all goes well.. I do not want anyone to take my statement as I was the first turboing trucks. **** that goes to the deisel guys. and absolutly sure hit me up any time about anything.
Kyle is a good guy and I have delt with him in the past and will in the future.

Quick Reply: silver-mod-'s KBracing96 front mount turbo project