PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Roll Pan Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the turn-downs. Looks clean with the roll pan.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran MEGS flat ovals with my roll pan. I got comments on them constantly.

http://www.coneeng.com/exhaust_tips.html

model 5211C

I brought them out just far enough that you could see the megs logo on top of the tips.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:24 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blue2003ls
I like the turn-downs. Looks clean with the roll pan.
I agree....

I wasnt so sure until I seen the side view... very nice, and my favorite part, cheap...
Old 04-18-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote turn downs as well. I hate to see exhaust sticking out though.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I'm really digging the simple turn downs. Another thing I noticed yesterday, it doesn't drone as much. Completely changed the sound, not as loud in the cab, a more mellow tone. I think I'll just find some simple ones in SS and rock them.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Leave them as is IMO... I like the "raw" look of galvanized... Or if you get SS... Brushed stainless would look nice!!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you care at all, maybe mendrel bend tips, like bassani's posted earlier. I like the raw metal too, instead of chrome or polish.

I imagine that drone comes from the slight restriction of the tips. You only want restrictions in the baffle itself or resonating part. Restricting it at the end after it has already been restricted and the back to unrestricted would cause funny drone.

Looking bad *** roger. As always, your skills make it look to easy. What are you gonna do about the license plate bracket not working out?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Leave them as is IMO... I like the "raw" look of galvanized... Or if you get SS... Brushed stainless would look nice!!
When I say stainless I mean just plain non polished. Don't want them rusting up as these will. I'll be painting these all the time.

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
If you care at all, maybe mendrel bend tips, like bassani's posted earlier. I like the raw metal too, instead of chrome or polish.

I imagine that drone comes from the slight restriction of the tips. You only want restrictions in the baffle itself or resonating part. Restricting it at the end after it has already been restricted and the back to unrestricted would cause funny drone.

Looking bad *** roger. As always, your skills make it look to easy. What are you gonna do about the license plate bracket not working out?
Thanks Dewey. Funny you should ask about the license plate bracket. Just getting ready to go out and work on it. Two things I can do that I see. Just thought of the other yesterday. 1> The bracket will actually travel up far enough, it's just hitting the actual pan. So to fix that I'd have to trim the upper license plate reveal. Don't feel comfortable doing that. Has to be perfectly square/straight and I don't know if there is enough there to trim. I think I'd wind up screwing that up. So I'm going with 2> Drop the actual hitch. It needs to come down about 3/4". I've bought some flat bar and going to space the hitch down where it mounts to the frame. Get to test out my new plasma cutter.

EDIT:

Last edited by KySilverado; 04-19-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

All of this just to get the hitch to go into place with the license flip I bought.

Doesn't look like much but damn a lot of time fabricating these spacers. First cut them to length with the plasma. Grind on them a while to clean the burrs up. Use the hitch to mark where the holes need to be. Drill with the largest bit I have 3/8", then open them up with a step bit.

Name:  DSC08681a.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  92.1 KB

Here is the idea. Two 3/8" thick flats to lower the 3/4" I think I need to make it work.

Name:  DSC08682a.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  77.8 KB
Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good Rodger An SSS spoiler would finish off the rear really well IMO.

Originally Posted by chevytruck
not to be a smart *** to a MOD
Dont worry its just Dusty, hes the blacksheep of the family.

Quick Reply: Roll Pan Install