PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Those look sexy!!!
thanks brother
Old 12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that DJM Stuff Rocks!, I have had the 3/5 drop in my buss for a few years now and the ride is still great. Alignment is true,and my align tech says for an a/m kit its the best he has seen!

keep up the good work!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:20 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sigh.....my unconceived children are going to be older than you are right now by the time you finish this thing.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:21 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, this thread just has it's 6th birthday last week. It is now 2197 days old.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome thread man i looked through the entire thing and its awesome i learned so much looking forward to seeing the thing dropped.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by supersub
that DJM Stuff Rocks!, I have had the 3/5 drop in my buss for a few years now and the ride is still great. Alignment is true,and my align tech says for an a/m kit its the best he has seen!
keep up the good work!
that's good to hear bro, thank you for the insight on that
I'm really impressed with the build quality of the DJM parts. Welds look like machine welds (which is fine) as there looks to be good penetration and everything seems to be well thought out and plenty beefy. If I'm being completely honest the two tone hammer-tone isn't really my cup of tea, but hey, there are worse dilemmas out there right

I'm really looking forward to the lower stance and evaluating some measure of added performance; only a test drive will show that
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by thunder550
Sigh.....my unconceived children are going to be older than you are right now by the time you finish this thing.
I'm like the energizer bunny! At one point I was seriously considering calling it quits on this build.....but.....every time I thought I was ready to let her go I just couldn't bring myself to do it so that ended up being a good kick in the pants to go ahead and get'r'done
Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
Awesome thread man i looked through the entire thing and its awesome i learned so much looking forward to seeing the thing dropped.
I'm glad you like it brother! and it's cool to hear you learned something too
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to give you my experience with that 6/8 drop kit. I used the same kit on my '08 HD ext cab. Use a rod of some sort to make sure the mounts on the lower control arms are lined up perfectly. On one of my lower arms it was not and caused a binding issue. I also threw away the DJM shocks and ordered a set of custom length Doetsch Tech shocks, the Nitro series. The ride was 10 times better and way more controlled. The kit didn't lower my truck enough for my taste, so I also added a new lowering key from McGaughys and took out a rear leak from the spring pack, the one below the clamp. Turned out rear nice. I didn't see the transmission crossmember in the pics, that is a must otherwise you will scrape. Getting the driveshaft aligned was a bitch (mine was a 2-piece), I had to invest in a cheap angle finder to get everything almost right (still had a slight vibration on take off). Here's where my pics are: Slammed HD Hope this helps some.

Last edited by Bimmer Tech; 12-05-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Bimmer Tech
I just want to give you my experience with that 6/8 drop kit. I used the same kit on my '08 HD ext cab. Use a rod of some sort to make sure the mounts on the lower control arms are lined up perfectly. On one of my lower arms it was not and caused a binding issue. I also threw away the DJM shocks and ordered a set of custom length Doetsch Tech shocks, the Nitro series. The ride was 10 times better and way more controlled. The kit didn't lower my truck enough for my taste, so I also added a new lowering key from McGaughys and took out a rear leak from the spring pack, the one below the clamp. Turned out rear nice. I didn't see the transmission crossmember in the pics, that is a must otherwise you will scrape. Getting the driveshaft aligned was a bitch (mine was a 2-piece), I had to invest in a cheap angle finder to get everything almost right (still had a slight vibration on take off). Here's where my pics are: Login to a private Photobucket.com album Hope this helps some.
fantastic info bro!

I already have the cheap angle finder and I absolutely will check the trueness of all the control arms based on your experiences!

I can't access your album though bro/it's asking me for a password

Quick Reply: Project "Blown HD" my 6/8 drop/shortblock/heads/cam/blower/tranny install