PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project 1999 OBS GMC / whipple lq4 / FLT 4l65

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the oil pressure and water temp senders are reused so its plug and play but i still havent got the tach and speedo set up yet i will let you know when and how i do and im pretty sure i broke my fuel level gauge

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjynepMabe8

if you go to youtube you can see the HD version (better sound/video) but thats just a half throttle blip in first and it left about 10' of rubber you can see the before and afters of the street if you skip the video around. the flyby is at about :55
Old 08-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

10 inches maybe

did you upload the wrong video?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

haha you can see it in person and in the video man its not a crazy video i know but when its all broken in ill give you some real smoke ok
Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

well it leaves 30 foot strips all day long now.... ive got a couple pictures but ill get a video one of these days

thanks for the info, im definitely considering a serious alarm and remote start for this, im pretty sure that i'd be able to install it as well as i know where to find a lot of the wires now. the door locks have a shorted wire and they lock over every bump, key turn or door close - so i have to figure that out, the power unlock only works 50% of the time =( gross

put in the front driveshaft today and beat my accel record of .5g with .65g on the dpic. also went into a grass field for 4x4 testing, everything is working perfectly. except 4lo which i think listens to the park/neutral switch which is no longer hooked up to the obs system. i need to find which wire that was and constantly ground it (i believe) so then i will be able to use 4lo. however this thing makes so much power in 1 that im not quite sure ill be using it yet (no rock crawling)

ran breathers from tranny and tcase to the top of the cowl so now i can DRIVE UNDERWATER

gettin sick of leaving 1 leggers all over the place so im going to start working on my 10 bolt any day now. i have the 8.5 truetrac already im just not sure which axle im going to put that in.

i have a spare 10 bolt

its the one the carrier blew on when i tried to do a burnout in big black. im considering using this because i can build it up and then just switch the axles with no down time. also the ebrake isnt working so i need to adjust that and probably rebuild the drums.

but its blown so i may not be able to use the bearings and gears... whereas the axle thats in my truck can just drop in the truetrac and keep going... but those bearings are 100k old so its more in need of a full rebuild as opposed to the spare axle which has 10k tops on all of the bearings

driving big black these days feels weird - like it needs a cammed 5.3.

believe it or not it pretty much handles the exact same way as the new truck but its just so damn weak it cant get out of its own way. the brakes actually feel much stronger than the ricer and its almost laughable. first fix will be to go with some stainless lines and a full bleed... then save money for something a little spicier.

bent up a bracket for the engine computer. not sema quality but does the job and can definitely deal with offroading. i also put a bunch of sticky padding under the computer to stop any metal on metal touching.

wired up the bypass and bluetooth to the radio and its sick. the storm works perfect. ive been using bluetooth headphones all summer (awesome purchase) and the radio is same deal. start truck hit play and without even taking it out of your pocket youre listening to your phones music. microphone for the phone works well and system quickly handles incoming calls etc

im running out of weather but im now at 100% operational pending a dyno tune.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i need to come see this thing some day. where are you again, Groton? or maybe we can all meet up at Nick's house (you, me, Phil, Rick, etc) and you can take me for a ride in it.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

grafton but im all over, we should def hang out soon pm me for my phone # or ask nick
Old 10-08-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

did u get that rear-end in yet???
Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

naw, been busy with other stuff but its on the list of things to do before snow
Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha sounds good