PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Phantomx55 - Procharged RCSB 4x4 Sleeper Build

Old 05-27-2017, 12:31 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

That picture isn't clear enough for me, but if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing you're gonna have belt issues.

Can you take a close up pic where you ran the studs to the alternator/bracket?
Old 05-27-2017, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
That picture isn't clear enough for me, but if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing you're gonna have belt issues.

Can you take a close up pic where you ran the studs to the alternator/bracket?
Here's a closer up shot of the bracket by the alternator. Originally I had the provided bolts and spacers in place, but ECS said it wasn't lining up well and changed it to studs. This is an old bracket/kit which was labeled originally for 00-02.

Last edited by Phantomx55; 07-07-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:44 PM
8 Second Truck Club

I see what they did there. Probably be fine.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Waited 2 weeks for the new RPM belt from gates.

After 2 miles of test driving

Pretty disappointing considering it's a Gates product specifically designed for supercharged systems. Seems to me like it could be a factory defect in the compound used for the belt. The entire outer layer of the belt kind of unraveled onto an idler pulley as shown in this picture:

Have a new one on the way that hopefully will hold up better and let me delay going to direct drive a little longer..

Otherwise, received my catch can setup from elite engineering and it looks great. Will install it soon and post some new pictures

Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 AM
8 Second Truck Club

It doesn't matter how good the belt is if there is something wrong with the pulley arrangement/blower bracket system. I say "system" cause thats how you need to look at it. It ALL has to be right to work.

I'm not saying this is the case, but based on the issues the "installer" had, I'm gonna guess there is something way wrong here. Shouldn't ever kill a belt like that in 2 miles.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown06
It doesn't matter how good the belt is if there is something wrong with the pulley arrangement/blower bracket system. I say "system" cause thats how you need to look at it. It ALL has to be right to work.

I'm not saying this is the case, but based on the issues the "installer" had, I'm gonna guess there is something way wrong here. Shouldn't ever kill a belt like that in 2 miles.
Pretty sure it ended up being a defective batch from them. The way the outer layer literally melted onto my idler pulley I feel it was a bad batch of the compound used for this belt. Was supposed to get a new belt right away and was told they had 154 in stock, but a week later I got a message that it was delayed 3 weeks without explanation. Received the new belt and has held up over the past few days, but certainly didn't help my belt slip issues...

Anyway I'm fed up trying to make this bracket work so I bit the bullet. Ordered the Stage 11 direct drive kit from brute speed today.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 401 Likes on 316 Posts

Which catch can did you get?
Old 08-16-2017, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
Which catch can did you get?
Did the E2 setup with single exit port. Also added the clean side sepsrator and upgraded to the black braided hose
Old 09-07-2017, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Finally received my direct drive setup from Brute speed and got around to installing it last week.

And yesterday tried a few WOT pulls and it seemed fine til the last pull..Truck started misfiring and I limped it home to pull the plugs. This was the plug from cylinder 7. Gap completely closed

Did a compression test today and cylinder 7 reached about 75 psi compared to 150psi in cylinder 1 (only had time to check against 1 other cylinder)

Going to look into getting a lease or a cheap used car for now til I can afford to build the engine. Have a LQ4 in my garage that needed a rebuild already which I'll probably start buying parts for, but for now the truck is going to have to sit
Old 09-08-2017, 08:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good bud !!

Search this Thread