PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Not a truck, not a LS engine, but weighs as much as a truck, "69 Twin TurboCharger"

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is going to be a great build in for sure!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to see you stuff a 5" down pipe in that!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the play on words, TurboCharger……LOL

I’ve always been a fan of the ’68 thru ’70 Chargers and have owned a couple, a ’70 Charger 500 which Dodge aficionados recognize as coming with a 383, but ended up with a built 440. I later purchased a ’69 for the doors and brake booster, as getting parts wasn’t as easy in the ‘80’s as what they are now and I didn’t have a hard time flipping it with half the parts missing. Chrysler Big-Blocks are butt strong, as I don’t know how many bottles of nitrous I went through with a 300 shot and only burnt the fire ring out of a head gasket once. I screwed up later and traded the Charger body for a Challenger, keeping my drivetrain, as I figured it would have been a bunch lighter and besides being just as heavy, it wouldn’t house near the rear tire size the Charger would. Great suspension pieces should be easily available from XV Motorsports and it looks as if you’re going to need them.

Please keep us updated on the build.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Location: On a one way dead end street... And I can't get out

Thats a Sick car man. It's my dream car.. Subscribed for sure!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 AM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dukes of Hazard horn or this whole project is a failure on an epic level
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 454navyss
looks like it will be a fun project, keep us updated
Originally Posted by tiffo60
looks like you have your hands full, should be very nice when its all said and done
Originally Posted by 02gmcbandit
very nice start looks like a good build
Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
HELL YA! That's gonna be awesome.
Originally Posted by Bowtie03
Those old Chargers are sweet, what's the specs on the engine?
Originally Posted by GetBlown01
this thing is going to be nuts
Originally Posted by fastgmc53
im in..... subscribed!!
Originally Posted by fortplainman
this is going to be a great build in for sure!
Thanks guys, I hope it turns out like I have envisioned. ether way I'll post up the project until it is finished or I die, which ever comes first....

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Cool project. I like seeing something different. But those aren't butt turbo's. I thought you like em in the rear?

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear........

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
I want to see you stuff a 5" down pipe in that!
I've already tried, if the twin suck it will have a big single. I've already scoped the down pipe area out.

Originally Posted by 1Bear
I like the play on words, TurboCharger……LOL

I’ve always been a fan of the ’68 thru ’70 Chargers and have owned a couple, a ’70 Charger 500 which Dodge aficionados recognize as coming with a 383, but ended up with a built 440. I later purchased a ’69 for the doors and brake booster, as getting parts wasn’t as easy in the ‘80’s as what they are now and I didn’t have a hard time flipping it with half the parts missing. Chrysler Big-Blocks are butt strong, as I don’t know how many bottles of nitrous I went through with a 300 shot and only burnt the fire ring out of a head gasket once. I screwed up later and traded the Charger body for a Challenger, keeping my drivetrain, as I figured it would have been a bunch lighter and besides being just as heavy, it wouldn’t house near the rear tire size the Charger would. Great suspension pieces should be easily available from XV Motorsports and it looks as if you’re going to need them.

Please keep us updated on the build.
I have always loved the chargers too. Duke of Hazzard got me interested. I have heard of good things with the bottom end of the mopar big bolcks, I hope they hold true. I'd like to see the engine max the turbos before it lets go... I bet you still wish you had the 500...

Originally Posted by 03ssilverado
Thats a Sick car man. It's my dream car.. Subscribed for sure!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
Mine too, I bought this one 1998. I've had alot of other projects, they were just preparation for this one....

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
Dukes of Hazard horn or this whole project is a failure on an epic level
Dukes of Hazzard... LOL, I have the horn, and a dash panel signed by John Schneider (Bo Duke). If the twins don't make enough noise, I'll paint it orange.....

I worked on the header some more last night. I got the number seven done, and worked on five and three.... header building is some very intense brain-storm-plan-a-head-cut-a-ton-wrong-angles-waste-of-pipe-cant-measure-pipe-worth-a-****-CRAP!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

jesus, i should have never sold my 69 rt....
Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SWEET!!! I'm glad you finally hauled this thing home and are starting on it!! This is gonna be an exciting build!! I'm grabbing some popcorn and gonna have a seat to watch this unfold!!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Invested a few more hours in the drivers side manifold........

Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

looking good man!

Quick Reply: Not a truck, not a LS engine, but weighs as much as a truck, "69 Twin TurboCharger"