PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

If you pull your door panels off and put dynomat or similar product to seal the doors it will make a world of difference I did it to my last truck and was amazed at the sound quality improvement, when I swap my current door speakers I will be doing it again
Old 01-08-2019, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Yeah it does, I did it on my old truck. I didn't want to do it to this truck because it gets so messy in the texas heat, and that black stuff never comes off. Trying to keep this super clean
Old 01-09-2019, 05:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Super Clean

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Yeah it does, I did it on my old truck. I didn't want to do it to this truck because it gets so messy in the texas heat, and that black stuff never comes off. Trying to keep this super clean
As I was reading your most recent post, and before I saw this reply, I was thinking, "Man; this truck is Super Clean!" Love it!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Every time I click back on this thread I am still blown away at how good of a job you have done on it. Clean is almost overused, but that is the best word for this build.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97_ek
Every time I click back on this thread I am still blown away at how good of a job you have done on it. Clean is almost overused, but that is the best word for this build.
Appreciate it, it's a lot of work to get to this point, but worth it when I see peoples reactions in person.

What's funny is I see for sale posts on facebook or Craigslist for 100k+ mile trucks all the time where they say "you won't find a cleaner truck for the age" or "drives like new" and I can see a dozen or more defects just in the for sale post pictures. Because the term is overused it doesn't really hold as much value anymore
Old 01-09-2019, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Appreciate it, it's a lot of work to get to this point, but worth it when I see peoples reactions in person.

What's funny is I see for sale posts on facebook or Craigslist for 100k+ mile trucks all the time where they say "you won't find a cleaner truck for the age" or "drives like new" and I can see a dozen or more defects just in the for sale post pictures. Because the term is overused it doesn't really hold as much value anymore
some really feel there car or truck is clean because the only see the rusty beat up trucks on the road, not a lot of folks take the time to clean stuff no one will ever see lol last week i had my truck in my friends garage to polish on it when i got down on the floor and clay bared under the rocker he looked at me and said you serious who sees that i told him i do, my truck is "clean" for a daily but im not winning any wards any time soon like your show truck does
Old 01-09-2019, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Speaking of which, I really need to detail this thing. There are swirls all over the paint and marks from the old bedcover. Haven't even waxed it since I've owned it...
Old 01-12-2019, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Weather was great here, 65 and blue skies, so I tackled some small paint projects. Started by cleaning the garage this morning

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-izirlmv.jpg

Engine cover needs an *** ton of work but I didn't feel like doing it so quick sand and prime

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-givpyis.jpg

It's satin black but this was still wet. Huge run on the front and tons of dirt in the paint, but it's only temporary

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-nvngb7b.jpg

Then I tackled the last tan part of the console

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-1pv95vd.jpg

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-6ovyoaw.jpg

Not sure how it will hold up to having stuff tossed inside the bucket, but we will see.

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-nkncg5o.jpg

Also touched up a chip the window tinter put in the side, this SEM stuff touches up great

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-v71bkkk.jpg
Old 01-12-2019, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

its always the last little final touches that really show off the finish project
Old 01-13-2019, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

The engine cover looked like ****, the smooth satin paint didn't cover any imperfections, so I chose to strip it down and redo it. Still not going for perfection, but I wanted a nice cover to use until I get a better intake manifold

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-w4ex0ad.jpg

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-xkeqrs8.jpg

VHT wrinkle paint, love the look of this stuff as long as the wrinkles are tight and small

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-glyv3pm.jpg

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-p0neebb.jpg

ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods-zugjgpc.jpg

It takes 2 hours to air dry, then it needs to bake in the oven. Not sure how the fiance will feel about that...

Quick Reply: ILuvJDM's 2007 NBS RCSB Build - Turbo/4L80e/Coilovers/Wilwoods