PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I hope I'm not late for work!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:06 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
Old 07-08-2019, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

nice job brother
Old 07-21-2019, 02:10 PM
I have a gauge for that

Well got to the track last night with the new gates, it looks like they are working great! Also installed the pressure sensor between the turbos and supercharger in the charge pipe. It looks like I was right and in that there is vacuum between the blower and the turbos on transients, and during a run. Controlling the turbos in a tight window is going to be the challenge now since I want something between 6 and 10psi from them eventually. They light off surprisingly fast once I get the controller set, which I am still working on. I added a lot of fuel in the lower VE area and that cured most of my transient stumble delay issue.

The track was garbage last night, and I was only running the rear slicks and have done exactly *nothing* to the suspension wise from when I had it set up in 4wd, so I wasnt expecting to do wheelies or anything. Got 2 solid runs, had to peddle both hard. I am driving by basically looking at the boost gauge so I didnt realize this but by the end I am barely giving it 30% throttle

Here is a video, it does sound cool and even got some fire from the passenger side wastegate dump on the second run

This is a log of the gates wide open. The Yellow line in the top section is the sensor between the turbos and blower, essentially turbo boost. The purple/white line is blower+turbo.

Run 4, gates wide open
So as you see there is a slightly vacuum between the turbos and blower during this run, the turbos are basically just coasting along.

On the next run I lowered the gate activation pressure to around 13.5psi and increased the duty cycle from 40 to 60%.

Run 5, more aggressive controller settings

This one is more interesting as you can see the turbos working pretty well, but me being scared im only giving it ~37% throttle and it still makes 19psi, and a moment later the turbos are actually making more boost than the turbo+blower total, so I'm basically choking it with the throttle and the efficiency is garbage

I think I fouled the plugs since after this run it cut off and wouldnt start back, so thats todays project. But overall a good step in the right direction!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres something about spending obscene amounts of money and investing never-ending time into the drive train for a roller thats worth pennies in comparison that gets me *excited* faster then your 1/8th mile time.

Looks good! It was suggested before but it seems like you have a couple of extra waste gates kicking around now, might be the time to reverse plumb them into the intake tube between the twin taiwan tranny trashers and the blower to try and get rid of that vacuum.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:42 AM
I have a gauge for that

Haha yea the truck itself is pretty rough, but I knew that getting into it. Its a 100% toy. It actually wasnt that much to add the twins since I did all of the work.

I dont think I could find room for any more crap in this engine bay, its slam full

My current issue though is with it cutting off on decel. Its not the plugs since I replaced the plugs on the trailer then drove it 100yards down the road to a stop sign and it did it there too, as soon as I let off the gas coasting at 25mph it dies. Refused to start back but finally did 20 minutes later. The only clue I have is the cluster gets stuck on "2" when this happens regardless of gear shifter position. Anyone have any guesses on where to start? I double checked all wiring to see if it was close to something hot and nothing is.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:46 AM
I have a gauge for that

I had a friend that is much better at powdercoating redo the compressor covers to Jamaican Ice, they turned out pretty sweet. Ive since cleaned up some of that wiring from the P2.5 sensor I installed. Next step is to wire in my turbine drive pressure sensor, probably to the fuel tank vent 5v sensor.

Most just thought this pic was cool to show how tight everything is. The top pipe is my downpipe.

I dont have a good answer on the turning off with no restart thing. It happened again, this time just idleing in the garage. I flashed an older PCM I had so we will see if its was actually a PCM failure which you did not see very much.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Atomic
Haha yea the truck itself is pretty rough, but I knew that getting into it. Its a 100% toy. It actually wasnt that much to add the twins since I did all of the work.

I dont think I could find room for any more crap in this engine bay, its slam full

My current issue though is with it cutting off on decel. Its not the plugs since I replaced the plugs on the trailer then drove it 100yards down the road to a stop sign and it did it there too, as soon as I let off the gas coasting at 25mph it dies. Refused to start back but finally did 20 minutes later. The only clue I have is the cluster gets stuck on "2" when this happens regardless of gear shifter position. Anyone have any guesses on where to start? I double checked all wiring to see if it was close to something hot and nothing is.
You must have a Shitty Tuner !!!

Couldn't resist!!!
Old 07-29-2019, 03:26 PM
I have a gauge for that

Well, you are right!

But having hardware issues at the same time certainly doesn't help matters any
Old 07-30-2019, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

electrical ?
Old 07-30-2019, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like an electrical issue or something wiring related. The Trans will go to 2nd when the tcm loses power.

Quick Reply: I hope I'm not late for work!