PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

HooWybrow's 2014 DCSB 6.2L #ruined4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good as usual bud. Happy to hear you go your vibration issues sorted out. are the headers armour coated or mild? Do you still have a buddy that does powder coating? If so does he do ceramic coating?

Originally Posted by Rafe19
Badass truck ! Is there a fairly big group of trucks that race in st Tomas or at Cayuga ? I wouldn't mind trying my dmax out.
I know of a few guys that go to Cayuga. I have a buddy with a cam'd 6.0 on spray that goes several times a year, I believe GXPJay goes often, I plan on running several times aswell. Im sure we can find a few more Ontario trucks to come out.

Originally Posted by HooWybrow
I don't have enough excuses to use the TIG laying around at the shop.
Jeffie, i have all kinds of stuff you can tig up for me. Maybe make a weekend of it.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I don't know how I missed this truck!?!?

It is absolutely the best liking truck on the site. If I had money I would have a truck that looks virtually identical.
Haha! I appreciate that a lot, man. Always love hearing that!

Originally Posted by Priggen
Looks good as usual bud. Happy to hear you go your vibration issues sorted out. are the headers armour coated or mild? Do you still have a buddy that does powder coating? If so does he do ceramic coating?

Jeffie, i have all kinds of stuff you can tig up for me. Maybe make a weekend of it.
The headers are just painted with some black junk, I'm not sure if I'll spend the money on ceramic or not, but yeah, JP still does that stuff.

Sounds good, Alex! Any time! It would be good to hang out again, been way too long!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

You've heard it a hundred times already but that is a badass looking truck! Good luck getting tune figured out, these guys on here can help you out for sure. Keep on keepin on man...

Last edited by Lowexpo; 01-15-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Priggen

I know of a few guys that go to Cayuga. I have a buddy with a cam'd 6.0 on spray that goes several times a year, I believe GXPJay goes often, I plan on running several times aswell. Im sure we can find a few more Ontario trucks to come out.
it.
I would be down for going, I know one of my friends from up here races his Built Denali at cayuga . Maybe tag along with him when we get a meet going or something like that.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Love the truck If I could afford a 14/15 gmc I would be all over it.
If some of you are meeting up I would be interested as well! Now just to wait for the summer....
Old 01-21-2015, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lowexpo
You've heard it a hundred times already but that is a badass looking truck! Good luck getting tune figured out, these guys on here can help you out for sure. Keep on keepin on man...
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by Rafe19
I would be down for going, I know one of my friends from up here races his Built Denali at cayuga . Maybe tag along with him when we get a meet going or something like that.
Hell yeah, that sounds like a time!

Originally Posted by Turbo09
Love the truck If I could afford a 14/15 gmc I would be all over it.
If some of you are meeting up I would be interested as well! Now just to wait for the summer....
The bank has all kinds of money!

Well fellas, been tinkering with getting a catch-can in the truck for a couple weeks now. I ordered a cheapo one from eBay which I will be baffling myself. I did a lot of research a number of years ago with one of my turbo cars and it worked very well, so I figured I would go this route again.

Mine cost $30, and it is black. Which is really all I cared about as essentially everything else about it will be changed. I modified the bracket, got some lines ran and that is about it so far. I will hopefully get around to getting it baffled this week or next at the latest, I will be re-tapping the holes in it for pipe thread so as to use NPT --> AN line adapters. It's unnecessary, I know, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and truthfully have OCD over the weirdest things. I used the factory fittings from the stock PCV line and pushed them onto some Starlite hose that I will be using, shear luck that they worked as well as they did. Anyways, enough gab, here are some photos.

Name:  3B49D524-91A7-421A-B195-6D98D3F695F1_zpskx3mxbyd.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  106.4 KB

Cut the 90* bracket up, and drilled out the hole to accomodate the brake master stud, apparently I didn't take a picture of the bracket, but it turned out quite well and gives the can the appearance of floating.

Name:  72727A77-1B9A-48E4-B55F-75E42807BC04_zps5azbl4ms.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  70E8A1B7-FA74-43E2-A0E8-8FDA555444AC_zpsvoef3eae.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  73.9 KB

As it sits currently, about 60% done I would estimate. I'm happy with how it looks, now I just need to finish making it work properly.

At this rate, I should be in good shape to get the exhaust bought, built and installed for spring and also have the Nitrous setup I was hoping for, fingers crossed for a low 12-second pass this summer.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Things keep looking great! And I would be up for a meet in the spring time for sure!!
Old 02-05-2015, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXPJAY
Things keep looking great! And I would be up for a meet in the spring time for sure!!
Thanks, man. I'm down for sure.

Well, got some hoses routed up, still no baffling (it's been freezing and I've been slacking. I also threw my coil covers back on, can't decide which I like better.

The lines are -8 Starlite hose left over from a previous project, I was able to cut the plastic hose off the factory PCV line and sure as **** they're an identical fit for the hosing. I just need to retap the can to 3/8NPT and get some proper AN fittings (in black) ordered and installed. I'll also be replacing the hose clamps with black ones.

Name:  4A5A9D06-73AF-4E88-8EC0-A98B6BE4A37A_zpsbk02wu1o.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  112.9 KB

I've been looking for a gauge mounting solution for some time, I've never really appreciated the A-pillar style setup. A friend of mine has DEFI gauges in his Cr-Z and I quite like the way they are mounted. Low and behold an off-shore eBay type brand makes a 52mm knock-off for regular gauges. So, I bought a pair (One for wideband, one for nitrous).

For the $26 shipped I have invested in these, I'm rather pleased.

Name:  74599EE6-3496-4378-8C0B-32429B3D0EA7_zpsib6ugojf.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  89.2 KB

I got about to mounting them, decided I'd throw in the nitrous gauge for now aswell, call me a poser, that's fine.

Name:  340D7C10-2126-4699-B958-B0AC8C86AE30_zpsq6rkjbbk.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  96.7 KB

It's hard to get a picture with my phone to capture the real affect they have on the interior, but I am currently a fan. Plus, if they ever bug me, they're only two-way taped down, so out they come.

Name:  B8597FF5-E14D-49A8-81CA-757092B071CF_zpsdxsofoox.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  81.9 KB

We've also had some snow as of late.

Name:  E476FE92-5A9B-49A7-9B30-502B1FA64E1A_zpsuxkfj9tl.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  127.8 KB

Now, then. What I mostly came here to do, I've ordered everything to build my exhaust. A handful of V-bands, muffler, flex pipe, tubing, etc. Will be 3" off the longtubes into a 4" collector and a single 4" back to just in front of the rear axle. Deleting converters and will likely tune out the rear o2's. Should be tackling the exhaust soon and then this thing may actually sound like it has a cam in it, I am very excited.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

jebus, pls dont poke holes in that dash.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ezdaar
jebus, pls dont poke holes in that dash.
Don't worry, I have zero intentions of that. Truck cost WAY too much to be poking holes.

Quick Reply: HooWybrow's 2014 DCSB 6.2L #ruined4x4