PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Figured I should start this.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea that is a good thought too. I'll order a 90* bulkhead and if that doesn't work, I like your idea.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TH400 in the truck not done. Small exhaust leak. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

updates soon.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Nothing major yet. I finished the th400 swap. Truck will be getting some new gears and diff soon. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-27-2017, 01:26 AM
TECH Regular

Default Long time no update.

Haven't updated in some time now. Truck was quick on old 6.0,th400 setup. Went 14.1 at 85xx da. I wanted to go faster so I upgraded. New fuel,new motor, lighter , big blower. Shooting for a 9.5 in Colorado altitude.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Uhhhhh, wait....what???

Details and more pics man. Looks killer!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown06
Uhhhhh, wait....what???

Details and more pics man. Looks killer!
Lol. I actually have followed your build for years now. I figured since everyone went turbo why not at least let there be 1 more blower build. Blower is f1x , forged 370. Holley dominator and th400.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Blown06 I followed your build for years now. (Since when you had the d1) tons of the stuff I'm trying or doing is from watching your build. I don't plan on pushing the stockish motor as hard as you did. And after seeing how you front bearings weren't happy. I realized if I want to go faster then I'll have to switch to gear driven. Not sure if I'll go as fast as you but I should be hitting 9s in Colorado air.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:04 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Don't listen to the idiots telling you my front main bearings had issues. Those are comments that are 100% unfounded by those making them and don't understand what they are looking at. One other thing to note is that you will see guys commenting that I needed to pin the mains because the caps were moving around and fretting. This is also false. Despite what the pictures look like, they looked exactly the same when the motor originally went together. There was zero material transfer.

Honestly, when I was tearing the thing down, I was surely expecting to see some extra wear on the front main bearing from the blower load. There was absolutely zero. I attribute this to several things, most importantly good machine work, lots of oil pressure (90+ psi) with good oil, and a built like a brick **** house bracket system for the blower. I have absolutely zero flex in my set up. It has not shredded or thrown one single belt and I have made several passes pedaling the **** out of it.

The only wear on the mains was simply caused by the crankshaft flexing. Eagle makes a good crankshaft, but I am pushing it beyond it's limits. Any of the slight wear that was seen on the mains was 100% caused by crank flex when it was turn up. This was also the reason I had such a problem trying to get a factory reluctor wheel/crank trigger to work. I would highly suggest you consider doing an MSD 4x wheel on the front with a hall sensor. There is not a kit available that is just a bolt on and requires machine work to get to all fit correctly. I can build you a front drive system if you need me too.

In fact, the bearings looked good enough that we actually touched them up with a little scotchbright pad, polished the crank and slammed the short block together.

I take it as a complement that you are using my build for inspiration and for that, thank you. If there is anything I can provide for you help/advise wise from already running a sideslinger on big power don't hesitate to ask. Being somewhat of a "lone ranger" in this combination, I can provide you with some real world data and suggestions. So let me know if you need anything at all.

Love your build and can't wait to see how it runs. You may be pleasantly surprised how quick you can go with that combo.

First piece of advise I'll give you (I made this mistake myself in the beginning) is don't look to the turbo guys for engine tune up ideas, torque converter recommendations. Those two things can make or break a procharged deal.

Last edited by Blown06; 06-28-2017 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:15 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Your goal of 9.50's should be within reach while still keeping it reliable depending on weight. Mine was printing slips like a bracket car (9.teens -9.20's) with the blower only spinning fast enough to make 17 psi at the shift at 4110lb.

I've got 40 inches on you and a bigger blower, but how do our combos compare as far as weight, suspension and valvetrain?

Quick Reply: Figured I should start this.