PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Headliner material?

Originally Posted by shootermwc
Mas photos por favor
Hey Shooter,

I know that this is kind of old, but I am just catching up on your build thread.

The pictures you posted of your headliner re-do caught my attention. I have been looking for headliner material like what you used, and wondered if you could link me to the stuff you used?

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Old 06-15-2020, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by One eyed Jack
Hey Shooter,

I know that this is kind of old, but I am just catching up on your build thread.

The pictures you posted of your headliner re-do caught my attention. I have been looking for headliner material like what you used, and wondered if you could link me to the stuff you used?

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Here is a link to the stuff I used. Just basic foam back headliner material. But note my comment from when I got it done. I still want to cover it in something else, but it's done now and I don't care anymore haha.
P.S. should have done it in something nicer material. Used Hancocks foam back headliner stuff and it just.... I don't like it now, haha.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-15-2020, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is awesome! Great thread so far. I am in process of a mild restoration on my 2000 rcsb and was thinking between a cammed 6.0 or an LSA blower on a 5.3. I currently have a 5.3 in it but she has 200k on it so I don't expect it to last too long.

Looking great man! Keep it up!
Old 06-15-2020, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 404 Likes on 318 Posts

Get that motor installed so you can do burn outs and power slides! Lol!
The following users liked this post:
shootermwc (06-16-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by shootermwc
Here is a link to the stuff I used. Just basic foam back headliner material. But note my comment from when I got it done. I still want to cover it in something else, but it's done now and I don't care anymore haha.
P.S. should have done it in something nicer material. Used Hancocks foam back headliner stuff and it just.... I don't like it now, haha.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastex-Fabri.../dp/B07FD6BYZG
Thanks Shooter. I appreciate the comeback, and your thoughts on the product. Thanks for the link, also.

Hope your wife's health has stabilized and you get the time and bucks to finish your build.
shootermwc (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

That moment when you let something sit long enough you have to tear it back apart and inspect/lube it back up. Yay fun. Everything looks good though, no rust or anything in the cylinders.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Been doing a little horse trading with a friend and he is a really good paint and body man. Making me a smokin deal on a paint job when I get ready. Since everything is apart now and the wheels are on backorder, as well as some other parts, I'm thinking about sending it over to get painted. I was going to plastidip it flat black for now until I had time to have a nice paintjob done. Thoughts?

Also, if we paint it, I'm getting rid of the blue/champagne 2-tone and doing the truck solid GM Indigo Blue.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Truck is heading to paint in about 2 weeks. Decided to go with the solid indigo blue from gm. Might be adding the SS spoiler to replace the factory ugly piece. Not many other option except a lame plastic cap to cover the holes. Still debating on that. Feels wrong, hahaha.
heels are on backorder, but I'm not really in a rush. They say they will be here in 2 weeks, we shall see. In the meantime I'm going through some stuff and making sure I'm not missing anything major. I still need a converter for the 4L80E. thinking about the TCI bolt together but they are several weeks out.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:15 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

The SS spoiler is a good look but yeah not many options.

The first time I shot my tailgate I just filled the holes and it looked good but kinda plane looking. Ordered a re-pop RST fiberglass spoiler and the fitment was total garbage, so bad I didn't want to even try to repair, so I sent it back. The second I tried was a urethane spoiler from Street Scene. Loved the look but it was very wavy so I sent it back for a replacement. The replacement looked much better so I spent a couple hours prepping to remove the mold release agent contaminates so it wouldn't fisheye during paint.

Sticks on with double tape, I did run a couple small screws in from the bed side for insurance... eight years and still stuck on lol

CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB-rkbvnkx.jpg

CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB-fvelofz.jpg
shootermwc (07-30-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 404 Likes on 318 Posts

Sounds like you are moving right along with it!

Quick Reply: CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB