PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shootermwc
Since the supercharger makes the throttle body angle out towards the driver side headlight, and my air box is currently on the passenger side, I think I am going to move the battery to the bed and do a makeshift air box there behind the driver headlight. Or just make them swap sides, probably easier. Don't really give a damn about saving weight. Just want less work and stuff to fit right.
You could just mount your battery on the other side in the diesel secondary battery spot. Just make sure it is an AGM battery so rain water does not get into it like mine did.
Attached Thumbnails CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB-img_20150924_154817341.jpg  
Old 09-24-2015, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I moved mine over to work better with the KB's intake on the driver side. I used some sheet metal for the filter shroud and an optima specific battery bracket from artic industries. I used the stock starter wire and new 2ga for alt and grounds.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKID
I moved mine over to work better with the KB's intake on the driver side. I used some sheet metal for the filter shroud and an optima specific battery bracket from artic industries. I used the stock starter wire and new 2ga for alt and grounds.

Both of yalls setups look good. I'm leaning more towards yours BigKID. I really like the tank placement. I forget who you said made that tank for you, but I'm pretty sure you should just donate it to me............
Old 09-25-2015, 09:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Call or PM Rick at Trick for the tank. He also has a composite tank that fits in the same spot.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I actually just did that. We should be hooking up soon on that composite, which is all I need. The stainless is gorgeous, but if I can save $100 AND it's black. Win Win
Old 09-26-2015, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigKID
Call or PM Rick at Trick for the tank. He also has a composite tank that fits in the same spot.
I have the composite tank on order. Rick was very fast to respond and said it should be shipping in about a week. BigKID could I trouble you for a couple pictures of how you have that battery mounted and possibly a part number for the tray you ordered? I would be very grateful
Old 09-26-2015, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Here is the tray I optima mount I bought... Artec Industries Group 34 Optima Battery Mount I did make a slight modification and tack all of the nuts to the underside before painting it. If you don't the proximity to the radiator support make it very difficult to get to the nuts to tighten/loosen.

I added some support to the stock bracket after removing the air box tray. Then marked the tray mounting holes and tacked some nuts to the underside for easy removal of the mount if I ever decided to use something other than an Optima. I used stainless steel hardware to keep it from rusting so quickly.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

BigKID, you are my hero sir. I have searched and searched and never found anything this descriptive. Thank you!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you can build an intake and pull air from behind the bumper.. Would help drop iat's from under hood heat.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lsxperformance
Or you can build an intake and pull air from behind the bumper.. Would help drop iat's from under hood heat.
I have been eyeballing this option between beers and trying to figure out if my sheet metal game is strong enough for that. May just take the old battery tray out and get the inlet down as far as I can behind the front corner.

Quick Reply: CTSV Supercharged '00 RCSB