PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Thanks, but everything is just hanging in the balance right now. My game is just off right now, I can't seem to make or hang on to a dollar.
Hope it starts getting better soon man. Word is oil is picking up in 2017? Any truth in that for you?
Old 11-23-2016, 12:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Honestly I haven't even been talking to my oil/gas contacts in over 6 months. It was just getting annoying having the same conversation with them.....you got any work for me?....nope......anything coming up?........nope.

It got so bad to the point that I was actually hurting my business's name by pounding the phones so much all the while knowing **** wasn't available. So I decided to just let it go.

I have another business as well (real estate consultation) that I decided to put more effort into while I let the oil/gas guys wait it out. It makes okay money, but nothing like my oil/gas business did. However, in my honest opinion, the real estate consultation business has a greater potential profit wise than the oil/gas business. It's just been difficult getting it off the ground without having a ton of money to throw at it for marketing.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

Honestly I haven't even been talking to my oil/gas contacts in over 6 months. It was just getting annoying having the same conversation with them.....you got any work for me?....nope......anything coming up?........nope.

It got so bad to the point that I was actually hurting my business's name by pounding the phones so much all the while knowing **** wasn't available. So I decided to just let it go.

I have another business as well (real estate consultation) that I decided to put more effort into while I let the oil/gas guys wait it out. It makes okay money, but nothing like my oil/gas business did. However, in my honest opinion, the real estate consultation business has a greater potential profit wise than the oil/gas business. It's just been difficult getting it off the ground without having a ton of money to throw at it for marketing.
I'm pullin for ya bud i wanna see this bad bitch at the track already!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Thanks for bumping this back up.

I swear I'm getting close enough for some pic updates.

While I have you all here and just a friendly reminder.....I still have the Rossler transmission for sale along with my entire A2W set up.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for bumping this back up.

I swear I'm getting close enough for some pic updates.

While I have you all here and just a friendly reminder.....I still have the Rossler transmission for sale along with my entire A2W set up.
If you can please send me some info on the rossler. I'm definitely interested.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:56 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Wanted to bump this up as progress has started again. Thank God!

I made more money life guarding one summer when I was 16 than I did during the entire 2016 and can't even begin to explain the strain that put on me, my family and hobbies. I wouldn't wish my financial struggles on my worst enemy....or even George for that matter.

The good news is 2017 is looking very good so and I feel like things are turning around for the long term. The days of getting a 2 week contract every 4 months seem to be behind me so I'm about to get back after it hopefully in a big way.

No big plans for anything on the truck except putting it back together with the same plans from the end of 2015, beginning of 2016 which includes the new front suspension, methanol conversion, antiquated 4 bolt mill, Morris mod'd F2, Rossler trans with revised 1st & 2nd ratios and some decent weight reduction.

i'm super stoked about being able to get on this thing and Just wanted to bump the thread up in an effort to supplement my new found motivation for getting this thing back on track and on the track.

Stay tuned guys as I'll hopefully be updating with lots of pics. Hope the public interest is still there to share the fun!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back. I miss you.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Hell yea man can't wait
Old 06-18-2017, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More