PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

93 S-10 project

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i forgot to mention, i have to order injectors for Mom's truck now, trying to isolate the problem with it running rough.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:16 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BigEd_72455
What was the nitrous plate you told me to check out before getting the perimeter plate?
nos crosshair, bigshot and nitrous outlet just released the stinger plate that looks awesome. i'm stuck between the crosshair and stinger now.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a perimeter plate on the way with my tank. If that doesn't work like I want it to, its going back and I'm gonna buy the stinger. They said the puck system takes about a week for turnaround, and is $300+ for cost... They won't sell it unless they are doing the intake machine work themselves.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fuel line and one of the 2 fittings came in today. I should be home tomorrow evening late or Saturday morning and then get started on the Ford with swapping injectors and spark plugs and checking rockers. If that doesn't fix the problem or at least point to what is wrong with the truck I will have to pull it apart down to the block.

I wish I had one of those little bore scope deals with the camera attachment so I could see what it was showing me on an external monitor. I may just have to go get one from Harbor Freight before this is all over with.

The rod for my battery remote setup should be in tomorrow, then just getting the angle iron to mount the switch to and then get that welded to the bed of the truck once I get the mount location figured out. Still debating on getting the external battery lugs for outside charging/jump starting. Something that I have been considering but not too seriously, especially since it has the alternator and it is still good. If that last fitting comes in tomorrow or Saturday, I may have an idle video of it running sometime Sunday so long as the weather holds out.

Well, talk to everyone later on.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I finally made it home Saturday night around 9:00. Walked in and there sat my new SUPER CAPACITY fuel tank!! This thing is HUGE!! And NO, I don't mean its so so, it is HUGE!!

The rear of the bed behind the axle will have a very small area around the fuel cell for mounting the battery and nitrous bottle, let alone the battery cutoff switch also!! It is gonna get CROWDED back there and in a hurry too!! The rod did come in, and I got the one fitting installed on the 4AN line. FYI, -4AN line is a MAJOR BITCH compared to -6AN for assembling together. It took me 11 tries to get it to start threading, and that was after trimming the braiding two times.

I got the tank set in the back of the bed to establish a mounting location and a cutout area for the sump, but moved the tank inside the cab to keep it out of the weather since one of the ports is still open. I am going to get the parts necessary for the rollover valve in the next couple of weeks and hope I can get it up and running and driving by the beginning of March.

If the Ford is fixed for the time being, I don't see that being an impossible task. If it is not, I am really gonna be up a creek because of having to buy rebuilt heads and new lifters for the truck. Only thing to bring everything to a halt and have us finding out about another engine is if one of the pistons is messed up.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, not this weekend coming up, but the next weekend is when I plan to be home on hometime again. I figure to have the new fuel pump assembly in for Mom's truck actually by this weekend, but since I won't be home, it'll have to wait. And since I am getting the complete drop-in unit, swapping them out should not take too long at all, providing the one ordered later this morning is the right one for the truck.

Next weekend the S-10 will get the fuel cell, complete fuel system, nitrous plate installed, nitrous line ran, nitrous bottle installed, battery relocation to the bed of the truck done, master cutoff switch installed, and hopefully the rod and tube will get installed as well.

And of course all of this S-10 stuff is dependant on the weather when I get home. Mom's truck will pretty much be a have to case unless it is raining.

Well, I am gonna try to get a bit of rest before they get in to the shop at our terminal and start running us through for inspections.

Later guys...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Should be getting the transmission this evening. Providing I can get the money to Mom to pay the guy for it.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

ordered up a six pill jet kit for a few different sizes of nitrous shots for the S-10. Also ordered the -10AN 180 turn for the vent on the fuel cell. Will run heater hose down and back for now so that if any spills out, it will go BEHIND the truck, not underneath it.

Other than that, just gotta wait until I get in again to hopefully get Mom's truck taken care of and then I will be able to get a lot of my fuel system installed and set up. Toss some gas in the tank and give it a test round for leaks that will need to be addressed.

Should hear from Mom tonight as to whether or not the transmission got brought out and dropped off. If not tonight, then in the morning sometime I hope. At least it will be there for me to get re-installed, hopefully quickly so that I can take measurements to get a cross member built for bolting in, instead of being welded to the bottom of the frame.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, so today has resulted in 3 (edit) things getting done for the S-10 and NONE for the FORD!! YAY!

Went to neighboring town here in Arkansas and picked up a turbo 350 that is stock.
I mean it is so stock it still has the kickdown cable in it!!! Also got my nitrous bottle
filled up!!! (I forgot about that when I wrote this earlier)

Got that back to it's new home of MINE this morning. Took the 04 Silverado Mom
and I bought Thursday afternoon for the trip over and back. Runs good, nice and
strong and plenty of OOMPH to get my butt a ticket if I am not careful...

And about 30 or 40 minutes ago I got a bit of a bug of energy and went out front
and got the slick that came in, then went out back and got one of the new
unmolested wheels for the S-10 and brought that all in the house and sat with
nothing but a flathead screwdriver and my fat *** and got the slick on the wheel
with little effort at all. Then took it outside and got it aired up to 35 pounds to get
it to bead out, then dropped it back to 25 pounds to sit and stretch to regain its shape.
When the other slick gets in I now know I wont have to spend money to get it mounted to the wheel.

Now the trailer tires are a whole different story!! I am not even gonna think of messing with them.
I will let a local shop handle that task. I should be able to take the trailer and all 3 tires and wheels
and get the old ones off and the new ones on in about an hour and a half if the tire guys are slow pokes.

I was wanting to get some of the stuff mounted and setup on the S-10 today but I'll be damned if a cold
front didn't make it through here early this morning and just fubar my whole day!! It is now sprinkling
outside and tomorrow it is supposed to be even worse.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I have figured out the problem with the ford and parts wont be in until tomorrow, and by then I will be gone on the road again.

So this afternoon I got the other slick in from FEDEX finally!!

Got it on the wheel, and went out and got them put on the truck, also got the fuel cell mounted in the bed, kinda. I have 4 small screws holding it down for right now. I will be getting larger and longer nut and bolt assemblies for getting it mounted to the bed a lot better. I am contemplating using a large flat piece of plate steel across the mounting holes at the front and back of the tank. That way it should bolt down flat and not compress the ribs in the bed when tightening the mounts down.

Got the factory gas tank off the truck finally. Still have a couple things to get cut off and wire in the gas gauge feed from the new fuel cell. I will probably also use the fuel pump power wire that is already there to save me some wiring hassles.

More to come in about a week to 10 days when I finally get back in again.

Pictures of what got done today.

Name:  IMG_20140225_141331_767_zps3978a9a1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20140225_141325_282_zps0db673c4.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20140225_140907_218_zpsffa363bd.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20140225_140856_623_zpsd023f28b.jpg
Views: 96