PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

72 Ford onto 2002 F150 chassis

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again, lots of nice fab work here. Tons of credit for the work you've done so far!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! really appreciate the support.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a Ford guy at all but keep up the good work
Old 01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

I love it when a plan comes together! I went out and finished the steering linkage and it went together perfectly. Almost like I had planed it from the get go. When I think back about it I can remember thinking about tossing the Lincoln's steering linkage into the pile for recycling but then going no I might need it. I didn't need much of it but it was the one special part that I needed to hook the 02 to the 72. So dang I'm glad it kept it.

Here is the Lincoln's steering linkage and the 02 F150 linkage. I cut a small part out of the Lincoln's that had the half round on one end and the tube on the other. Then I cut off the end of the F150 linkage that fits into the slip shaft. Slid them all together, drilled holes through and then bolted them together for mock up.

I then cut the end off of the 72 steering column and drilled a hole in it, and then slid the sleeve over it and bolted it all together.

So I will leave it bolted together for now and once I have a chance to make sure there is no binding and it all works right I will then weld the sleeve to the 72 shaft and call it done.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As always looking good!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow...

Lots of work..

Should be a beast when finished.. better hope that rear axle has a Limited slip or you will be replacing that passenger rear tire ALOT !!!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Teching In

man you do some amazing work. wish i had that kind of talent. if i did my backyard would be full of project vehicles..
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

As always looking good!
As always, thanks for the support!

Wow...

Lots of work..

Should be a beast when finished.. better hope that rear axle has a Limited slip or you will be replacing that passenger rear tire ALOT !!!

Yeah, not even at that stage of the project yet but I know your right..... so the plan is to find a limited slip for the rear. Just not sure what gear raio I want to run yet. Believe it or not I do plan on using it as a truck still when it's done. That’s why the truck chassis was a good fit for this project. Many will swap crown vic or mustang front ends under and a Thunderbird IRS in the rear but then you have a car that looks like a truck. So I still have some thinking to do as for the drive train....

man you do some amazing work. wish i had that kind of talent. if i did my backyard would be full of project vehicles..
Thanks! but I have to keep this short... I have to many projects to get done in the back yard.... ......
Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

No work done on my project but I did have fun doing a $35.00 paint job on my work truck. So here are a few pic's of my truck and a quick, cheep paint job, that will just look better with age. lol

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Old 02-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

A little more work done on the truck. It's been hard to find time lately but progress is progress so not complaining. Thought I'd better coat the bare metal, so I hit the passenger side with some left over flat paint.

Did a little welding on the drivers side, also cut out the stock side marker light and welded in the patch panel for a matching smooth look on both sides now.

So anyway still plugging away at it, just not very fast...

Quick Reply: 72 Ford onto 2002 F150 chassis