PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

04 RCSB 4.8 teen build

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 764 Likes on 563 Posts

Did research myself figured it out and ordered one. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Very clean truck! I like the overhead console swap what exactly is that from a tahoe?
its from an extended cab silverado but they come in the SUv's too. Its super easy to install and If you dont swap out the pocket from the short console that came factory, you can use the black plate as a switch board.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

So Finished suspension version 2 yesterday. I ended up going with a 3/5.

I used a Street Edge flip kit combined with lift hangers for the rear (did not end up c notching, and with just the flip kit it rode the bumpstops and the tires were rubbing the fenders (275 wide)). with cut poly bumpstops and the hangers it sits at ~5 inches, but the hangers are adjustable so i can probably go an inch lower before having to notch it. The hangers were the hardest part, i went through 5 dremel cutting blades and it took aproximately 6 hours to complete both sides, with most of that being grinding the rivets off.

On my way to caffeine and octane in january one of my rear shocks exploded. At the time i was factory height up front and 6" drop in the back, the shocks I was running were procomp toxic shocks made for a 2" drop so im not suprised they failed, but i did not expect it to actually burst. I replaced with brand new SS mounting bolts and for the rear, brand new 5" drop shocks from Ground Force Suspension, picked them up brand new off of Craigslist for 20$.

In the front I did a risky thing and cut the springs, THeres a post on here about how to do it correctly and I followed it exactly. It took about 2 1/2 inches and once the springs settled it was about 3. I replaced all my sway bar linkings/mounts with MOOG parts, and ended up using Belltech Street Performance shocks up front. I painted the coils a high flake metallic silver so theyll look good between the wheel spokes. In the process I replaced all my stock lugs with chrome hexagon style and touched up my calipers, helps the look a lot.

All in all, It rides FANTASTIC. its been too long since i was completely stock, but it is noticably smoother than my earlier setup of drop shackles and toxic shocks. I got the flip kit with hangers for 130$ which came with all the hardware and bumpstops, The rear shocks for 20$ (a steal), and the front shocks for 100$ (coils were free lol). All the work I did myself over 3 days, so I essentially got a 3/5 drop with shocks for 250$. not Bad!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Colormatched the bumper pad today and took off the plastidip on the chrome front bumper.

Also, I have noticed a 1-2 mpg increase since installing the Banks Ram Air system, so for anyone looking for info on them ill vouch for them. I'm looking for the lower ram air scoop attachment, if anyone in the ATL area has one please let me know.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good man!!! ^^^
Old 04-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

-----

Last edited by nitrousaddict; 02-12-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Privacy