PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

03 Tan Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ACLR8R, any suggestions on getting the 60ft time down while I'm still on the stock converter? I guess losing some weight with the hitch, and bumping up the timing down low like I did today should help some.

Tuckin, thanks man! I tried to get sound clips of the cam but they didn't come out so great and I can't remember if I took them with the stock muffler or the magnaflow that's now on it. Even with the magnaflow its still pretty quiet but at least I can hear the exhaust now HA. I'll try and get good sound clip tomorrow.

Today I installed the vette servo with the help of Rhino79's install thread (thanks bud, it helped a lot) and I can definitely feel a difference in the shifts. Also, I don't know if the servo would affect how the truck would coast (maybe my old one was worn out after 170,000 miles) but it seems like the trucks coasts a lot more freely which is good with me. Tomorrow I'll get take the hitch off, increase my shift points, and hopefully button up the 93 tune. Maybe I'll pull the Y-pipe so I can get an O2 bung welded in and finally hook up the AEM Eugo I've had lying around for 3 months...
Name:  vetteservo.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  98.9 KB
Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lycominghunter
ACLR8R, any suggestions on getting the 60ft time down while I'm still on the stock converter? I guess losing some weight with the hitch, and bumping up the timing down low like I did today should help some.
Practice! Tires are an easy fix at you power level, when you make more you will need to look at suspension mods.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok. I saw a big improvement just between the 1st and 2nd time I went so hopefully ill only get better. Next couple mods will be a tbss intake, caltracs/assassins, 3000 stall and tranny cooler. Eventually Ill shoe out the cash for better tires and lighter rims, but I still have a lot of tread left. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know why I spend so much time on this thing, its just a work truck lol. Today I washed the truck, used a clay bar, and waxed it. And it was about time! I bought it in November and this is the first time I've waxed it. seemed to turn out pretty decently.
Name:  IMG_1260.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1252.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  43.5 KB
Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Because it's a awesome truck! Before you know it, its not gonna be a work truck anymore it will be a huge turbo'd street truck with fat tires in the rear!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Im prior enlisted myself, I work at cherry Point now, civil service. I havent been to coastal plains in a couple years, but I use to run my 05 crew cab there often. If you ever need a hand let me know. I building my new single cab as well right now. Take care
Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe one day, Tuckin, one day. fastjweb I might just take you up on that. I got down here a month ago and haven't been out towards new bern yet...I tried last week but got a wood screw through my motorcycles tire on the way there. I like your truck. What are the plans for your new truck? I don't have much free time on week days but on the weekends im usually just working on my truck and if you've got a turbo kit ordered I would love to help! Don't have too much experience with all this but I think im doing ok so far. I also have hptuners if you don't
Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its kind sad when your phone takes better videos than your camera. Anyways here's an idle clip. Might have to turn your speakers up a little bit. Its pretty quiet.
http://s400.photobucket.com/user/lyc...eclip.mp4.html
Old 07-15-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds good man! Is it the camera or is that the valve train you can hear?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not exactly sure what you're referring to, but I do have a noisy lifter, however you can also hear the valves opening and closing if you really listen to it...36 degrees of overlap will do that I guess

Quick Reply: 03 Tan Sierra