NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

What controller?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems to me you could tune timing vs rpm with HPT or a tuner, then save $$ on any old progressive controller...unless you only want retard when hitting the n20
Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 383chevy
seems to me you could tune timing vs rpm with HPT or a tuner, then save $$ on any old progressive controller...unless you only want retard when hitting the n20
Yea, I only want to pull timing when on the spray at the track so i can run full timing on the street NA
Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't pay HSW $200 for something you can do yourself for less than $10. Search iat trick. It will allow you to pull timing only when you want to.

As far as a progressive, I use the Dyno tune digital controller. It seems to work really well for the money. It looks comparible to the NOS mini and nitrousoutlet units.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phantom
I wouldn't pay HSW $200 for something you can do yourself for less than $10. Search iat trick. It will allow you to pull timing only when you want to.

As far as a progressive, I use the Dyno tune digital controller. It seems to work really well for the money. It looks comparible to the NOS mini and nitrousoutlet units.
How reliable is this timing trick? I'm learning to tune now but im just not sure on splicing wires and hoping it pulls the timing
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

well you would definitely want to do some logging before actually spraying to verify that timing is being pulled...its electronics, **** happens. I'm sure HSW's neatly packaged piece could fail as well.

I don't know if HSW isn't a sponsor here anymore or what, but it seems tech questions to them go unanswered quite frequently on pt.net. I see them active over on tech though
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well you would definitely want to do some logging before actually spraying to verify that timing is being pulled...its electronics, **** happens. I'm sure HSW's neatly packaged piece could fail as well.

I don't know if HSW isn't a sponsor here anymore or what, but it seems tech questions to them go unanswered quite frequently on pt.net. I see them active over on tech though
OK, so say i want to run xx amount of timing on the first stage of 150, then i want to pull x amount for the second stage of 100. how would this trick work witht that?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

why two stages? the trick obviously wouldn't work for that. If you have a setup that warrants needing two stages, then my personal opinion would be that you would need to different tune ups anyways. One for motor, one for bottle. The one for bottle would obviously have your timing set for for the 150 and when the second stage is activatd it would pull some more timing.

I run about as much nitrous as you're planning with one stage and I just drive around with the timing pulled all the time...But then again, I have no interest in racing on just motor.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why two stages? the trick obviously wouldn't work for that. If you have a setup that warrants needing two stages, then my personal opinion would be that you would need to different tune ups anyways. One for motor, one for bottle. The one for bottle would obviously have your timing set for for the 150 and when the second stage is activatd it would pull some more timing.

I run about as much nitrous as you're planning with one stage and I just drive around with the timing pulled all the time...But then again, I have no interest in racing on just motor.
I understand that, I ran 250 off of my nitrous outlet plate before but I just think it would benefit more with 2 stages, not sure why, it just seems logical to me, but who knows, i may just pull enough timing and throw 250 on it..........
Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I say just get the timing the way u want it and spray a one stage 250. U could always use the progressive to get the traction and adjustabilitie.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why to pay such a huge amount when you can do something yourself ??

Quick Reply: What controller?