NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Reg cab stepside bottle mounting

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Reg cab stepside bottle mounting

I know there's a thread running around with lots of pics of how folks have mounted their bottles.

Between the seats is a popular way or just behind the middle seat but I am looking for this to be completely hidden out of plain sight. Either behind the driver seat somewhere, in the dash somewhere, inside the bedside (stepsides have lots of room or even under the bed, like tucked up behind the bumper...

I don't care how it needs to go in, I just want it not to be seen. So if I have to remove the siphon tube out of the bottle and mount it with the valve down, that's fine too...

I know there's tons of ways to do it and I have some 'different' ideas of mounting it myself, but I'm trying to get all these pics compiled in one thread instead of doing like I have and searching for the last hour and only finding a handful of pics.

The rest of my system will be 100% untraceable unless you basically dismantle the truck and interior. I won't be running a plate, or a nozzle, or a direct port so please don't ask to see how my kit will be setup. I'm not ready to throw those pics out there yet, but will eventually....

I'd like to conceal a 15lb bottle.... But a 10 will work if space constraints say it has to.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted mine in behind the passenger seat under the plastic storage compartment where the jack goes. When I was looking for a spot though I found a really good one but my 16ft main line was not long enough because I was trying not to make a whole in the bed.

There is a big void by the rear tires between the bed and the wheel well on the step side where you can mount it to. Search for my install thread and you will see what I am talking about. I might have more pics stored on my pc that are not in the thread. I will look for them if they are not on the thread.

You can run the line through the frame rail all the way to the back easily.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine in the bed, under a bed cover, drivers side.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

I don't have a bed cover and dont plan on getting one. No offense, but that's kinda boring lol.

I know there's gotta be room behind the wheel in that big fender flare/bedside, but getting a feed line that long would be a pain haha. I was thinking about maybe putting it under the step on the pass side bed side and having the step removable for bottle and valve access.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

get a center console and put it in there.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I don't have a bed cover and dont plan on getting one. No offense, but that's kinda boring lol.

I know there's gotta be room behind the wheel in that big fender flare/bedside, but getting a feed line that long would be a pain haha. I was thinking about maybe putting it under the step on the pass side bed side and having the step removable for bottle and valve access.
interesting....very....interesting.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Banned

The first time you have to crawl under the truck or tear the truck apart to take the bottle out to get it filled, you'll change your mind.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:25 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get a remote bottle opener.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o

The supplied 16ft line would have worked for me if I wanted to mount it under the truck between the frame and bed side at the rear tire but I was going to mount it in the bed by the tailgate so the line was not long enough.

Here is a link with the pics of the rear tire install.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...nstall-477128/
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
The first time you have to crawl under the truck or tear the truck apart to take the bottle out to get it filled, you'll change your mind.
I'm not going to bury it so I have to dismantle a bunch of crap just to get to it. I don't mind crawling under the truck to swap bottles though, not a big deal to me. The truck isn't lowered very much and so I can still get under it no problem.

Originally Posted by SRTKLLR
The supplied 16ft line would have worked for me if I wanted to mount it under the truck between the frame and bed side at the rear tire but I was going to mount it in the bed by the tailgate so the line was not long enough.

Here is a link with the pics of the rear tire install.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...nstall-477128/

Yeah, that's one of the places I was looking at. I've also looked at building a bracket to mount my bottle and battery where the spare used to be. This way, depending on exactly where it was located I could just reach behind the bumper and open/close the valve... Remote openers are nice but I don't trust them...

Quick Reply: Reg cab stepside bottle mounting