NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Nitrous Sponsors I need a progressive controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A day or two ago, I was told 1 to 2 weeks, so...
Robert
Old 12-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool that will work Ill wait till ya'll get those out then make my decision but whatever it is it will definately be a progressive unit window switches arent goign to cut it with my new setup.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:57 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
We will see I will be ordering my kit in within the next week. Nitrous Direct is giving me a pretty damn good deal we will see if you can do better
We are willing to do what we can.Just let me know what I can do to help.
If nothing else you can always buy your kit from them and I will be happy to help you into one of the best controllers on the market.. Send me a pm on exactly what you are looking for.
Dave
Old 12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Progressive controller is coming and will be by far the best deal on the market and a very cool unit! If you can't wait by all means get it from another vendor, i'd totally understand. We'll get ya hooked up with the kit for sure though
Old 12-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Iron Destruction Director

what are your goals as far as power and use of the car? is it a street car? Street strip? or all drag?

When talking about controllers you have to throw in the NX/fjo controllers. They make a small dual stage setup that is progressive in both rpm mode and time based mode. Its only $204.

If you want all the bells and whistels the Maximizer 2 is the most advanced setup around. Its astounding what it can do. You can download the programs onto your PC from FJOracing.com. and you can run it through its paces.

Using it in the rpm based modes will alow you to add nitrous with rpm. This has the effect of keeping the HUGE tq spikes on normal systems down. And for a strreet car...it also allows tou to run around armed...and say be cruicing in 5th gear....and then downshift into any gear and you will be spraying the correct amount of juice since the amount of juice will be based on thew rpm you are at.

Grab any gear and go and be safe.....much like a supercharger. :*****:
It will also allow more overall HP since you can maintain the TQ out to a high rpm. Using these principals we have made some big HP on variou motors down here in Tampa. Including 680 rwhp on a stock bottom end. Jeremy Formato made 600+ on his stock bottom end. And we did a 408 with the dual stage controller that made 868 rwhp without flinching. You can get these HP #s because the Tq is limited. Tq is a direct measure of cylinder pressure...and excessive cylinder pressure is what causes many things to happen. Including detonation, parts breakage, ring land failure,etc. A stock bottom end LS1 can easily handle 575 ft/lbs. So if you can setup your RPM based setup to shoot for 575 rwtq when it kicks in at say 3000 rpm...and attempt to add nitrous with rpm to hold that 575 rwtq all the way to say....6500 rpm...we have now made 711 rwhp (575 rwtqx6500/5252 = 711 rwhp) . So you get the idea.

Robert and I have both been pushing rpm based nitrous for years to anyone who would listen.

I just posted this in another thread but its worth posting again...here is my dyno in rpm mode with the NX controller. Take a look at the HP figure....its a nice 757 rwhp. However...the important part is the TQ! Its a VERY mild 669 rwtq. Thats NOTHING for a 415 ci forged motor like this. Again...you get the idea. Apply this logic to any stock bottom end where you are limited by the actual strenght of the bottom end and you will be able to make ALOT more power safely using rpm based control.

Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 AM

This is going to be in my heavy *** 5600# truck with an all forged bottom end 418. I am hoping to hit 800rwhp on a 250 shot and maybe more than that in torque. I want something that I can controller everything with it and maybe hook up to my laptop so i can log that, my dynojet wb and then the rest with HPT. The progressive controller purchae is oging to be pushed out a couple of weeks till after the holidays some other **** has come up and I need to save some money. I will be buying the nitrous kti anyway due to already selling m old one. I need something that is user friendly I can read and am a pretty good learner and this isnt my dialy driver anymoreonce my new job kicks off in Jan so I can tinker with it at will. Let me know what you alls recommendation would be.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Iron Destruction Director

first recomendation is the NX Maximizer2 for $640 it does EVERYTHING including datalogging parameters like wideband, nitrous pressure, runs an auto bottle heater, T brake and a ton more.

If you cant swing that the NX mini dual stage will do about 70% of the Maximizer stuff for about $206
Old 12-12-2005, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the help man Ill probably go all out just have to wait one more paycheck longer to get it. I want top of the line everything and be able to do pretty much anything I want do Ill look into that one a bit more.