NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

How to set a FPSS without a FP Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, last question. The GenX2 kit I purchased looks to be a NOS(new old stock) and the bottle heater looks like it's the old style(which has two small white wires coming from the heater element). Is there anything that changed on those besides the graphics? This is what I received when I purchased it from a dealer.

Nitrous Express GENX-2 Nitrous Express Nitrous Bottle Heaters - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Last edited by redram2007; 07-11-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Teching In

I can't seem to find a good, safe, permanent accessible location to mount the WOT/micro switch on the cable driven TB or on the gas pedal. If I do rig something up I will only be able to mount it with one bolt and I foresee it moving after time causing the nitrous to activate early or not at all or if the switch fails in the on position that wouldn't be good. I'm thinking about buying a tps activation switch. Any pro's or con's to using this vs the mechanical WOT switch on a cable driven TB? If it were your vehicle which would you choose?
Old 07-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by redram2007
Thanks, last question. The GenX2 kit I purchased looks to be a NOS(new old stock) and the bottle heater looks like it's the old style(which has two small white wires coming from the heater element). Is there anything that changed on those besides the graphics? This is what I received when I purchased it from a dealer.

Nitrous Express GENX-2 Nitrous Express Nitrous Bottle Heaters - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
No, nothing wrong with the old style heaters, the graphics switch back and forth all the time so it is possible you have a new style heater.

I can't seem to find a good, safe, permanent accessible location to mount the WOT/micro switch on the cable driven TB or on the gas pedal. If I do rig something up I will only be able to mount it with one bolt and I foresee it moving after time causing the nitrous to activate early or not at all or if the switch fails in the on position that wouldn't be good. I'm thinking about buying a tps activation switch. Any pro's or con's to using this vs the mechanical WOT switch on a cable driven TB? If it were your vehicle which would you choose?
No, one will work just as good as the other, some people mount the WOT microswitch under the gas pedal inside the vehicle.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Thank you sir!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Has the NX 15961 TPS activation switch changed any since it was first designed?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor

Has the NX 15961 TPS activation switch changed any since it was first designed?
There have been a few changes in the way they program throughout the years but they all work the same way, they read TPS voltage.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Got a quick question. On my FPSS there is a C (closed) and NO (normally open). The diagram nor instructions say which way to wire this, it simply says connect the relay to one side and the window switch to the other to supply a ground in the event of low fuel pressure. Any idea which side goes to the relay and which side goes to the window switch?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor

If it only has 2 terminals it will not matter which way you connect it
Old 07-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Even though one side is marked closed and the other is normally open? I have the older style FPSS if that makes any difference.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

Nope, doesn't matter, it connects the 2 terminals when it has pressure.

Quick Reply: How to set a FPSS without a FP Gauge?