New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New to the page, From Bismarck, North Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 PM
formerly 2low4nd (11-08-2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to the page, From Bismarck, North Dakota

Great page to be a new member of if, i might say.

I own a 2000 GMC Sierra RCSB 2wd with a LM7 5.3
3/4 lowering kit, debadged, roll pan, fiberglass bed cover, all the normal stuff.

Well here we go the tear down begain tonight.
I was told this was the BEST forum from a LS1 Camaro Buddy of mine that has a 10.21 second car on the LS1 side. So i joined and i dont regret it so far. Best forum i have been a member of in the last 10 years i tell ya what. So much solid information that i couldnt find on the truck forums. Anyways with LS1 members infulence minds driving me, here is what i have going now.

Pulled off the factory manifolds, getting ready for the long tubes header install
The cam will be here on friday, tearing down the front end tomorrow for that install.
Then installing the nx plate kit on the stock intake manifold. Leaving stock injetctors too, only going to spray a 100 shot. Should be ok fuel wise for now I hope. While the front end is torn down im getting rid of the factory fan and going to install efans aswell, i think that a savy move on my part. haha.
3800 tight stall ordered hoping to install in the next two weeks.
Then with the rear end, factory ten bolt, installing 4:56 gears, and posi.
Still havent figured out the tune yet. But it will be a custom tune, EGR delete and cat delete. Am i missing anything for what im running, i want to take the correct order to take place and for the truck to run and drive correctly.

As for exhaust, true duals, still looking for advice on pipe size / length and what tiny mufflers to run? Should i run dual 2 1/2 piping? Then some shorty race flowmasters???
Besides performance i want it to sould good too. Dump them at the end of the cab or run the pipe to the rear?

Thanks again guys.
Mike.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:07 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will soon be receiving a lot of advice.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the Site.....
Old 09-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2low4nd
Great page to be a new member of if, i might say.

I own a 2000 GMC Sierra RCSB 2wd with a LM7 5.3
3/4 lowering kit, debadged, roll pan, fiberglass bed cover, all the normal stuff.

Well here we go the tear down begain tonight.
I was told this was the BEST forum from a LS1 Camaro Buddy of mine that has a 10.21 second car on the LS1 side. So i joined and i dont regret it so far. Best forum i have been a member of in the last 10 years i tell ya what. So much solid information that i couldnt find on the truck forums. Anyways with LS1 members infulence minds driving me, here is what i have going now.

Pulled off the factory manifolds, getting ready for the long tubes header install
The cam will be here on friday, tearing down the front end tomorrow for that install.
Then installing the nx plate kit on the stock intake manifold. Leaving stock injetctors too, only going to spray a 100 shot. Should be ok fuel wise for now I hope. While the front end is torn down im getting rid of the factory fan and going to install efans aswell, i think that a savy move on my part. haha.
3800 tight stall ordered hoping to install in the next two weeks.
Then with the rear end, factory ten bolt, installing 4:56 gears, and posi.
Still havent figured out the tune yet. But it will be a custom tune, EGR delete and cat delete. Am i missing anything for what im running, i want to take the correct order to take place and for the truck to run and drive correctly.

As for exhaust, true duals, still looking for advice on pipe size / length and what tiny mufflers to run? Should i run dual 2 1/2 piping? Then some shorty race flowmasters???
Besides performance i want it to sould good too. Dump them at the end of the cab or run the pipe to the rear?

Thanks again guys.
Mike.
Welcome. Use to live in Bismarck/Mandan for 35 years. Far as exhaust goes check out Dave at Penny's Muffler Shop. Good work and knows his stuff. I went 2 1/2" on my supercharged 402. I have the longest muffler Flowmaster makes that is dual in dual out with X pipe and it is still too loud to me. It has a nice rumble at idle and when you get on it you know it. If you need help with tranny stuff check out JJ at BTP Total Performance. I use to work for them. They know a lot also. Far as tune goes I went with Justin at Blackbear Performance. Have fun.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zittman
Welcome. Use to live in Bismarck/Mandan for 35 years. Far as exhaust goes check out Dave at Penny's Muffler Shop. Good work and knows his stuff. I went 2 1/2" on my supercharged 402. I have the longest muffler Flowmaster makes that is dual in dual out with X pipe and it is still too loud to me. It has a nice rumble at idle and when you get on it you know it. If you need help with tranny stuff check out JJ at BTP Total Performance. I use to work for them. They know a lot also. Far as tune goes I went with Justin at Blackbear Performance. Have fun.

I know ONE or TWO things about building trucks, and ONE or TWO things about BTP those guys i tell ya what CRACKA!! ARE THOSE STRAIGHT PIPES?!?

Last edited by 1FSTGMC; 09-30-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 PM

Do you know who i am yet Zittman?

Kyle? Im about 8 years younger, and always have loved trucks. How are you doing, long time no see.
I thought you would have figured it out from, the cracka statment. KG says hello too.
Figure it out yet?

Last edited by 1FSTGMC; 09-30-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2low4nd

Do you know who i am yet Zittman?

Kyle? Im about 8 years younger, and always have loved trucks. How are you doing, long time no see.
I thought you would have figured it out from, the cracka statment. KG says hello too.
Figure it out yet?
Yep. MW
Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Cheers, enjoy the site.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:49 PM

Drive line, so far.
The truck is so loud it cuts out the audio on the HD Flip Mino.
Thunder Racing TR224 on a 114 LSA 563 lift cam
Thunder Racing 7.4 pushrods
PAC 1218 single beehive valvesprings
Pace Setter Long tube headers
Cat delete
4000 Stall converter
NX 100 Shot, plate kit
The true dual 3" exhaust isnt installed yet with the Magnaflow race bullet mufflers
456 gears and and rear locker.
Waiting for the HP tuner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zJDiqi3Yw