New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New member from California.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member from California.

Hey everyone. My name's Victor. New to posting on here (not new to the forum though, long time lurker and user of information ). I'm from the SF Bay Area up here in NorCal. Currently a college student. Here's the money pit that's led me to this useful site.

(Pics are directly off my phone as Photobucket is no longer free to sign up for. Any assistance/tips would be appreciated if the sizing is wrong or suggest any other free webhosting sites)

Now for the wall of text...

Indigo Blue 2000 Silverado RCSB stepside. Had it for a few years. Kinda old, kinda run down but still ticking...for now lol.

Nothing much done exterior-wise still, just a steel cowl hood, Z71 valance, custom grill, crappy clear head lights and a billet bowtie.

Originally istalled a 2/4 drop about 4 years prior, and has a ~5/8 drop since September 2018. I Frankensteined my 5/8 drop together using an old style, beefy (used) DJM flip kit, custom u bolts, custom 1" lowering block I made, and a shackle on one side to fix the dreaded Chevy lean. Driver side rear sags about an inch so thats where the 8" comes from on that side. Underbed notch. Front is on used Western Chassis 2" (ext. cab) drop springs and used 3" DJM arms. Belltech SP shocks all around (wrong length but they work for now). Aligns perfectly fine, just need to install upper DJM arms to correct the upper BJ angles. I managed to keep full turning radius lock to lock up front. Rolling on 20" Centerline Rapids on 275/40r20 Toyos which barely managed to fit (i.e. trimmed the bedside lips, rear liners and "mini tubbed" front fenders).

4.8 with shorties up under the hood, running a Carven TR dumped before the rear axle (way too much drone imo). Still an open diff 10-bolt with 3.73s and on the second 60e (going out again hahaha) since I've gotten it.

Interior is stock for now as I've been just spending on exterior and maintenance for now since it still is the daily after all these years.

Plans are OBS 2wd 14 bolt swap, 80e (regear to 3.42s if I do since I already cruise around 2200rpm @70) on a ~28.5" tall tire. Removable 4-link and coil overs all around + rear helper bags. Some sort of LS3/L92 based (and most likely boosted) stroker. Long tubes into a custom stainless exhaust with Spintech muffler(s). Flex fuel, audio and a respray the same color. No HD front end or full color matching for me much to everyones dismay As of late I've grown to like the 90s style with wide wheels poking out so I may throw on a set of baby billets I have for lolz and nostalgia's sake every once in a while.

Last edited by 400_SS; 04-04-2019 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Error in text and missing information.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Welcome! Good looking truck too. I think it's a good investment so it's time to make it a screamer!
Old 04-04-2019, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice truck. I’m from the East Bay originally. Got a pewter 01 stepside with a Z71 balance on the front too!
Old 04-05-2019, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Welcome! Good looking truck too. I think it's a good investment so it's time to make it a screamer!
Thank you for the warm welcome. And agreed; the best poor investment one can make!!! But we wouldn't modify our cars if we cared all that much about that now would we .

Originally Posted by Richardman1992
Nice truck. I’m from the East Bay originally. Got a pewter 01 stepside with a Z71 balance on the front too!
Ayeee, hello fellow Bay native. I'm from the East Bay as well. Thank you. And yup, those valances definitely change the look of the 99-02 trucks for the better imo
Old 12-03-2019, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

your truck has a nice stans! i like the wheels

i had my truck that low and was bottoming out on the highway at speed on some dips, bumps and pulling in places not to mention tires rubbing the fenders so i put stock shackles in the rear and adjusted the coilovers to bring the front up some i didnt want to hack on this truck like i did my last one lol

Old 12-05-2019, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stroker87
your truck has a nice stans! i like the wheels

i had my truck that low and was bottoming out on the highway at speed on some dips, bumps and pulling in places not to mention tires rubbing the fenders so i put stock shackles in the rear and adjusted the coilovers to bring the front up some i didnt want to hack on this truck like i did my last one lol
Appreciate it!. And lol funny you mention that. Mine occasionally bottoms out on really big dips as well but because the shocks aren't the correct lengths. I actually don't have problems with entrances since mine has the low pro trans xmember. Planning on doing coil overs but on the back burner until theres enough funds. And it's honestly a lot better to try to avoid cutting corners the first time around.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

i got my ride dialed in and loving the qa1 coilovers up front and the shock relocation with qa1 adjustable shocks out back

i kept an eye out on FB and offer up picked up my coilovers in like new condition at a really good deal and my rear shocks was new for a even better deal so its worth to keep an eye out