New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

My Yukon was carjacked

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your wife is OK. It sucks that a$$holes who are too lazy to work and get their own stuff have to take it from those of us who aren't.

It's a shame she didn't have her own 9 mm and wasted the piece of ****.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Austin is not near as bad as houston...I grew up in Austin, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be
Old 11-25-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats bullshit that that happened to your wife, that **** shouldn't happen anywhere. Thank God she wasn't harmed in the situation but gtfo of Houston! Around Detroit, only very rarely does something like that happen outside of the ghetto, in which case it's not really news worthy. only the occasional suburb carjacking. Hell, even when I go in the city i'm never concerned about **** like that, parked my buddies BMW 750li on the side of the road for a red wings game the other day. All about where you go.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Ya Houston is a piece of ****. Never been to Austin but it doesn't sound too nice either.
Austin is still the best city in Texas, and top 3 in the nation, FACT.

LOL, like I said, there are good parts and bad parts like any place. The area he described isn't exactly in the safest area around.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

My wife and I both are still shook up about the whole thing, but glad everyone is ok. A description of the suspect was provided to the police: 5'8 medium build with black hoodie and red bandana covering face, long shorts, 9MM gun, appeared to be a Hispanic male in his early 20's. The truck was found off of Bluff Springs Rd. near an elementary school... that part of town was secluded about 10 years ago, I'm not sure if it has developed much since because I no longer live near there...

We did have Onstar service, but for phone services only... and they could not assist with locating or disabling it. To be honest, if it had been disabled at any point(anti carjack feature or otherwise) the suspects could have returned and proceeded to do a drive by shooting and/or kidnapped any of my in-laws NEITHER OF WHICH IS WORTH IT.

I heard that we were the first victims but don't have any other details besides both of the of the carjackings were White Yukons. The Detective mentioned that one had been recovered but was burnt extremely bad. Being such we requested to see the one that had been recovered and as we approached the area where "it" had been parked in the impound yard... it became apparent that the blackened charred lifeless skeleton that appeared to once be an SUV was the one that had been slightly spoiled by me for it's short lived life. There was no question, it was obvious that the wheels are all that the suspect(s) were after.

To answer some more questions, I was not there. My wife and I had been hosting for some family members and they needed a ride back across town. To prevent any unsafe conditions (more than one person per seatbelt) I decided to stay home. Our other vehicle can only seat five, uncomfortably at that. As usual my eyes gleamed as she rode away, in disbelief that I have been blessed with such beauty surrounding my life both in family and materialisticly. It was not uncommon for me to not drive the Yukon, in fact I would not even have the Yukon without my wife's help and everlasting support. Though sometimes reluctant with my dreams she has always proudly applauded the outcome. She would even beg me to take the Yukon because she claimed to be spoiled by the XM radio, and I would never not let her drive it- IT WAS OUR YUKON.

We often frequented the part of town and surrounding area's where this incident occurred. Contrary to some belief, this was only blocks from the famous 6th Street (three blocks west of it). Every since, as well as before, the wheels were installed I had been through this area and even worse areas in the city. Perhaps all the broken necks as we passed had less than positive intentions. Who will ever know....

To those who ask "Was everything insured?" Yes. Well the truck and the wheel/tire package at least.

And "What are the new plans?"

still unknown...

Thanks again for all the support through these hard times everyone. :Handshake:

I hope none of you ever have to go through this. Things could have been much worse! I still have my wife (cough best friend ever) and all of my in-laws not only alive but, UNINJURED!

If I had been present when the carjacking occurred who knows how bad things could have turned out.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

That sucks man well thats good that your wife is okay, this happen to my buddie twice in less than 1yr period first with 01 GS400<carjacked him, then 6months after being 3days ago they stole his RSCB that he had in the works from his work.

And your right sometime when you rowl around certain cities or neightborhoods you notice that your breaking necksfrom the Locals. that just lets people know whats out there crusing around, and some of this attention are from guys that do this and obviously like ur ride. Thats pretty common in Cali, especially in L.A. area.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iwaslowr
If I had been present when the carjacking occurred who knows how bad things could have turned out.
That's what I was thinking....perhaps had you been there to 'protect' or just be present for the event, it could have been much worse. You not being there might have been why it turned out so well.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

and for everyone else...if someone comes to you with a gun and says get out.

SHUT UP AND GET OUT!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
and for everyone else...if someone comes to you with a gun and says get out.

SHUT UP AND GET OUT!
Yep that's what insurance is for.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Teching In

For those of you who were keeping an eye out....

Thank you!

My wheels/tires have been recovered in the same condition they were when the truck was carjacked. This is all I can divulge for now as the investigation continues...

Quick Reply: My Yukon was carjacked