New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

My Yukon was carjacked

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm Sorry x2 on Possessions can be replaced,But not Loved Ones.....Glad to hear your Wife is OK.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Glad your wife is okay, the truck can obviously be replaced.

As far as the comments about him being worried about his wheels; it seems that from a law enforcement perspective, the only way to find out who the suspect was would be by locating his rare wheels. They find those, then they can link the case and make an arrest before its "the next wife" that gets held up!

I find it amazing that your wife knew the caliber of the firearm in such a chaotic mess! I don't think I could have even done that! Props to her!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
with that being said, around houston, people are shot every day for their ******* wheels. a pro football player was shot not long ago for his damn cadillac. when my neighbor gave his wife his expidition, the first thing he did was pull off the 22's and put some stockers on, to give the thugs one less reason to look her way. it sucks that we have to worry about things like this, and the victim is definately not guilty. i just know im not sending my wife into town with a 5,000 dollar bill hanging out of her back pocket. just asking for **** to happen.

I had no idea Houston was like that. I live in a small city, the 10th largest in the USA and yeah sure we have crime but I fear not anywhere I go. We don't have that kind of problem here.
I understand your comment now, thanks.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Damn, I thought stuff like this only happened in California, stuff like this happens all the time In Oakland and Richmond... It is great to hear that no one was hurt! Plus, it sounds like you have a really good chance of finding these guys with your wheels being so rare! Is your insurance going to replace your Yukon?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by trever1t
I had no idea Houston was like that. I live in a small city, the 10th largest in the USA and yeah sure we have crime but I fear not anywhere I go. We don't have that kind of problem here.
To back up Stu, he's right. Especially in Austin. It's a great place and I love it to death, but it's infested with illegals and other trash who have nothing to lose. Like any town there are bad areas, and where it got jacked isn't in the best area.

Live an learn. Glad she's ok, but Stu is right, it's one more way to keep her safe.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
not ALL parts of houston are like that, but sometimes the bad areas leak into the nice areas and commit crimes where there is nicer stuff to steal/rob.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

So sorry to hear this, glad your wife is okay. One way or another these criminals will get cought its only a matter of time. Will keep an eye out for your wheels.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that sucks, glad your wife is okay, reading this really pissed me off...
Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya Houston is a piece of ****. Never been to Austin but it doesn't sound too nice either.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

dam, sorry to hear about that. And I gotta admit, Stu is right. A nice big shiny Yukon on big ol rims is asking for trouble. I see dozens of dozens of scottsdale moms rollin around in their eskys on 28s and **** and its sad how badly they drive but just that its this 100lb lady with 2 kids gettin groceries ya know. Cool if ya got money and can do it, just not my thing or a good idea.

important part is everyone is ok, alive and well. Dont take it for granted. Vehicles can be replaced, who knows maybe you can upgrade to an Escalade now? haha

Quick Reply: My Yukon was carjacked