New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Hello from East Texas!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello from East Texas!

Hey folks! Been a member on the forum for a good long while. I'm located in Whitehouse Tx. (just south of Tyler). I've been cursing the threads for a good long while but haven't posted anything. I'm interested in hooking up with other folks around the East Texas area.

I've got a 2000 Silverado RCSB stepside (I'll post some picks once I get her cleaned up and off the jack stands). I bought it new in 1999. Its got 240k miles on it with 5.3L and the only issues I've every had was the battery and the fuel pump assembly. I keep a pretty religious maintenance schedule for the truck. Recently I have installed an Eaton tru trak and z set of 3.73 gears, it had 3.42s. Upgraded the front and rear brakes to 2007 PPV dual piston brakes. In the past I've been doing things to it like Volant CAI with ram air. It's got a built 4l65e that's suppose to support up to 800hp. It's got performance clutches and cryogenic internals. Its got a set of mid-length headers with a single in dual out exhaust, and a Nelson Performance 91-93 tune. It's been a great truck and runs very well for what it is but I'm ready to step into the world of more power.

I've got a complete 6.0L out of a 2004 Escalade that had 180k miles on the engine. The cylinder bores were in very good condition and can easily be honed 0.005 over to maintain as much cylinder wall thickness as possible. I've got an Eagle kit with a forged 4" stroker crank, forged 6.125 rods, and 4.005 forged JE coated pistons. An L92 intake from a 6.2L 2011 Silverado with a 92mm Holley Sniper throttle body, LS3 821 rectangular port heads that came of an 08 Pontiac G8 that have been milled 0.030 giving it a 64cc chamber, and has a set dual valve springs, LS3 BSR shaft mounted roller rockers, link bar short travel roller lifters. Comp Cam's 54-496-11 cam with 0.617 intake and 0.642 exhaust with 0.231 and 0.239 duration at 0.50 lift and 113 LSA. All these parts came from Comp Cam (I guess I'm pretty fond of Comp Cams from my days of running a modified dirt track car), and an ATI damper. I've got an Innovate dual wideband, a set of 1 7/8 Pacesetter headers and a 3' stainless true dual exhaust kit from Speed Engineering. I also picked up an Hptuner. My goal is 500hp at the wheels. I've told this combo should do the trick, may even make a little more power than that.

The part I don't have my head wrapped around is the fuel system. I know just enough about this stuff to screw it up. So far all I've picked up for that is a Walbro 400 fuel pump that I have yet to install in the tank. My wife and I were injured a few months ago and I don't have full use of my left arm so I just try to do the best I can with what I have. The doc says my left arm never be the same, I have a rod that runs from my shoulder to my elbow and have a 10lb limit on the arm. My wife has fully recovered and I'm grateful beyond measure for that. After months of rehab I do have most of the range of motion back but I still can't get it behind my back to scratch my, well you know what I mean, lol. Only recently I have gotten enough strength to button my own britches and dress myself.

Anyways, like I said. I would like to get hooked up with local folks who share the same interests and can bounce ideas back and forth. Maybe even break bread etc.

I do apologize for the long-winded post and I appreciate everyone that made it to the end.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.
John
Old 01-28-2020, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigtimetexan
Hey folks! Been a member on the forum for a good long while. I'm located in Whitehouse Tx. (just south of Tyler). I've been cursing the threads for a good long while but haven't posted anything. I'm interested in hooking up with other folks around the East Texas area.

I've got a 2000 Silverado RCSB stepside (I'll post some picks once I get her cleaned up and off the jack stands). I bought it new in 1999. Its got 240k miles on it with 5.3L and the only issues I've every had was the battery and the fuel pump assembly. I keep a pretty religious maintenance schedule for the truck. Recently I have installed an Eaton tru trak and z set of 3.73 gears, it had 3.42s. Upgraded the front and rear brakes to 2007 PPV dual piston brakes. In the past I've been doing things to it like Volant CAI with ram air. It's got a built 4l65e that's suppose to support up to 800hp. It's got performance clutches and cryogenic internals. Its got a set of mid-length headers with a single in dual out exhaust, and a Nelson Performance 91-93 tune. It's been a great truck and runs very well for what it is but I'm ready to step into the world of more power.

I've got a complete 6.0L out of a 2004 Escalade that had 180k miles on the engine. The cylinder bores were in very good condition and can easily be honed 0.005 over to maintain as much cylinder wall thickness as possible. I've got an Eagle kit with a forged 4" stroker crank, forged 6.125 rods, and 4.005 forged JE coated pistons. An L92 intake from a 6.2L 2011 Silverado with a 92mm Holley Sniper throttle body, LS3 821 rectangular port heads that came of an 08 Pontiac G8 that have been milled 0.030 giving it a 64cc chamber, and has a set dual valve springs, LS3 BSR shaft mounted roller rockers, link bar short travel roller lifters. Comp Cam's 54-496-11 cam with 0.617 intake and 0.642 exhaust with 0.231 and 0.239 duration at 0.50 lift and 113 LSA. All these parts came from Comp Cam (I guess I'm pretty fond of Comp Cams from my days of running a modified dirt track car), and an ATI damper. I've got an Innovate dual wideband, a set of 1 7/8 Pacesetter headers and a 3' stainless true dual exhaust kit from Speed Engineering. I also picked up an Hptuner. My goal is 500hp at the wheels. I've told this combo should do the trick, may even make a little more power than that.

The part I don't have my head wrapped around is the fuel system. I know just enough about this stuff to screw it up. So far all I've picked up for that is a Walbro 400 fuel pump that I have yet to install in the tank. My wife and I were injured a few months ago and I don't have full use of my left arm so I just try to do the best I can with what I have. The doc says my left arm never be the same, I have a rod that runs from my shoulder to my elbow and have a 10lb limit on the arm. My wife has fully recovered and I'm grateful beyond measure for that. After months of rehab I do have most of the range of motion back but I still can't get it behind my back to scratch my, well you know what I mean, lol. Only recently I have gotten enough strength to button my own britches and dress myself.

Anyways, like I said. I would like to get hooked up with local folks who share the same interests and can bounce ideas back and forth. Maybe even break bread etc.

I do apologize for the long-winded post and I appreciate everyone that made it to the end.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.
John
Hey John, saw your post saying you're in Whitehouse. I stay in lindale. I've got a build thread on here is you get a bit bored. If you've any questions about the fuel system I'd be glad to help. I actually just became a dealer for fuel injector connection and VASpecialties suspension. My number is 903-720-3034.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the site, John! Sounds like you have a good game plan started for the truck. I hate to hear of the troubles you have went through but it sound's like you are on the mend and have a strong drive to move forward. Keep the progress updated with us and let's see those pic's sometime.
Jamie
Old 01-28-2020, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 280 Likes on 232 Posts

Welcome man. Build sounds real solid and should put down some good numbers.

Glad to hear you're working your way back to health!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Resolute_welding
Hey John, saw your post saying you're in Whitehouse. I stay in lindale. I've got a build thread on here is you get a bit bored. If you've any questions about the fuel system I'd be glad to help. I actually just became a dealer for fuel injector connection and VASpecialties suspension. My number is 903-720-3034.
Thanks Resolute I do appreciate that a lot. This fuel system business has me a little confused. When is the best time to get in contact with you? I'm free much free most of the time? I look forward to chatting with you. Do you have a business in Lindale?

Originally Posted by BigBlock90
Welcome to the site, John! Sounds like you have a good game plan started for the truck. I hate to hear of the troubles you have went through but it sound's like you are on the mend and have a strong drive to move forward. Keep the progress updated with us and let's see those pic's sometime.
Jamie
Thanks Jamie. Its been a long road to recovery. It was touch and go there for a while but we both survived and are doing well. Before I was always too busy really to make any progress on my truck. It's literally been a project in the works since I bought it, but now I have the time to really do what I've been wanting to do for years and get this wagon the way I want. Just going to take a while. I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple of days.
You guys have a blessed day.
John
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bangbangskeetskeet
Welcome man. Build sounds real solid and should put down some good numbers.

Glad to hear you're working your way back to health!
Thank you bangbang. I do appreciate it. I'm looking forward to some more education in regard to these LS trucks. I'm excited to get this thing put together and going down the road. I've come a long way from my injuries and still have a ways to go. I told my wife the other day that I was going to use this truck project as a milestone in my recovery. There's a lot I can't do but there are things I can do. When it comes time to make this engine swap I've got a couple of great friends that insist on helping me out. Thank God for great friends.
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigtimetexan
Thanks Resolute I do appreciate that a lot. This fuel system business has me a little confused. When is the best time to get in contact with you? I'm free much free most of the time? I look forward to chatting with you. Do you have a business in Lindale?

Thanks Jamie. Its been a long road to recovery. It was touch and go there for a while but we both survived and are doing well. Before I was always too busy really to make any progress on my truck. It's literally been a project in the works since I bought it, but now I have the time to really do what I've been wanting to do for years and get this wagon the way I want. Just going to take a while. I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple of days.
You guys have a blessed day.
John
Lol I thought I sent you that in a PM. But pretty much whenever, if I don't answer I'll get back with you ASAP. I don't have a business, I actually travel for work.